• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What to do

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
I listen to happy music, reread books I like, and eat some comfort food. I probably need to drop that last habit, though. :eek:

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
Knit and watch Disney movies (or cartoons), read to take my mind off it, or take a long bath and a nap.

Or I drink coffee and go on a cleaning frenzy, but I usually only do that when I'm angry :cover:

Buttercup

Veteran Member
:) I'll have to try that
I HATE being depressed. Seriously, I force myself out of it. It's good to allow yourself to be down sometimes...it's almost like a natural relaxant. Plus, you get some pent up emotions out. But, if you allow it to continue, depression can become a habit. Of course, I'm talking about every day type of moodiness, not clinical depression that requires medication.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
most of the time, i have to come to some kind of resolve or solution
Oh, then, sure....after you mope about and let yourself feel hurt, angry, discouraged, etc., it's best to figure out why you feel the way you do and what you can do to change the situation or decide if it needs to be let go.

UnTheist

I admit it is just an undesirable/unwanted feeling and does not imply that there is anything wrong with my life.

I tend to do various things to see if it lifts my mood. I repeat whatever is successful.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
I try to find something nice to do for someone. Mow my neighbor's front lawn, make dinner for my in-laws, anything that makes someone else feel good. That usually peps me up pretty quickly.

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
Oh, then, sure....after you mope about and let yourself feel hurt, angry, discouraged, etc., it's best to figure out why you feel the way you do and what you can do to change the situation or decide if it needs to be let go.

;) k..

jacquie4000

I like to go on long drives when I am feeling down. Plus I like to help others in turn
that makes me happy. So here is a big hug Buttons.:foryou::hugehug:

Booko

Deviled Hen
Usually it's just a matter of waiting it out for me, because there's rarely a cause (beyond the physical).

I look at my diet to make sure it hasn't gone out of balance.

I look at the calendar to see if it's near the full moon. I ask my daughter if she's about to start. :D

I eat chocolate.

I watch action movies or post in purely silly threads on RF.

I pray and meditate.

I hang fresh rosemary in the house, because it's a pick-me-up.

And I see my kinesiologist if it's really bad, and she rebalances my thyroid in 30 minutes or less and I walk off cheerful wondering why the heck I waited so long to go see her.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
What do you do when you're sad?
I savor the emotion until it has run its course. There is little point in denying what you are feeling, is my thinking. Then, when I am satiated, I simply bounce back to my usual irreverant and happy self. It's life. If you were never sad, you would never know when you were happy. Peaks and valleys, eh.

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
I savor the emotion until it has run its course. There is little point in denying what you are feeling, is my thinking. Then, when I am satiated, I simply bounce back to my usual irreverant and happy self. It's life. If you were never sad, you would never know when you were happy. Peaks and valleys, eh.

I'm much the same way. I recognize that I'm not in the best of moods and acknowledge that it will pass and I'll feel better soon.