• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What was Jesus' faith?

What was Jesus' faith?

• Christian

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jewish

Votes: 16 55.2%
  • Islamic

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Pagan

• Left Hand Path

• Athiest

• Agnostic

• Other

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Jesus was guilty of heresy

• I do not know, but wanted to vote anyway.

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
I had read that the wise men were from India, and that Jesus went to India to study. I just finished The Yoga of Jesus, and the Eastern view of Christ is very compelling.

There is also an ancient prediction in a Hindu scripture that many believe to be referring to Jesus. If it is really him then he must have travelled in India as it is set there.

Who has written The Yoga of Jesus?

footprints

Take into account that He is said to have performed miracles, which many of us would consider to be a form of magick.

Jesus was a Hebrew, which of course, can be aligned with the Jew and where the Jewish belief stemmed from. Albeit Jesus wasn't really a Jew, he was against many beliefs and practices of the Jew, and wanted to turn the Jew back to the beliefs of the Hebrew again. Jesus failed miserably in this quest and was eventually crucified for his trouble.

The person who raises the problem can often become the problem.

Moses wasn't a Jew, Moses was a Hebrew.
David wasn't a Jew, David was a Hebrew.
Abraham wasn't a Jew, Abraham was a Hebrew.
Jesus wasn't a Jew, Jesus was a Hebrew.

The Jew are not Gods' chosen people per se, the Hebrew are.

Last edited:

logician

Jesus was a myth, but the closest faith the story of his mythical personage could be ascribed to was the cult who believed in the literal ressurection of the body.

fatima_bintu_islam

Jesus was muslim. Muslim meaning submitted to God, i.e. God chose him as a prophet calling people to believe in the Oneness of God and to adore him ( he was sent to sons of Israel) . Later when he died, some jew inflitrated among the believers and twisted their religions, and then the twisting of the Bible started happening.
Thats why the prophet Mhammad sallalahu 'alayhi wassalam told us that if we read the Bible we shouldnt say that this part is wrong because it could be true, or take some parts as true because it could be false. (Of course, trinity and making Jesus peace be upon him a God is not something we are to believe at all )

footprints

Jesus was a myth, but the closest faith the story of his mythical personage could be ascribed to was the cult who believed in the literal ressurection of the body.

Even a myth can tell a powerful story and have a lot of truth and knowledge in it.

arimoff

Jesus was muslim. Muslim meaning submitted to God, i.e. God chose him as a prophet calling people to believe in the Oneness of God and to adore him ( he was sent to sons of Israel) . Later when he died, some jew inflitrated among the believers and twisted their religions, and then the twisting of the Bible started happening.
Thats why the prophet Mhammad sallalahu 'alayhi wassalam told us that if we read the Bible we shouldnt say that this part is wrong because it could be true, or take some parts as true because it could be false. (Of course, trinity and making Jesus peace be upon him a God is not something we are to believe at all )
:facepalm:

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
So few buy the Heresy theory. :(

Actually, EO, this is an interesting question.

Jesus was a Jew, of course, but it's interesting to speculate about what sect he belonged to. A book I'm reading about the Dead Sea Scrolls goes into great detail about the Essenes---how they lived, what they believed, their view of the world---and it's amazing how much of what was written about them (by Josephus, Philo, Pliny the younger) had direct correlations in the gospels.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Actually, EO, this is an interesting question.

Jesus was a Jew, of course, but it's interesting to speculate about what sect he belonged to. A book I'm reading about the Dead Sea Scrolls goes into great detail about the Essenes---how they lived, what they believed, their view of the world---and it's amazing how much of what was written about them (by Josephus, Philo, Pliny the younger) had direct correlations in the gospels.

Then again there's a later and little known Gospel that has Jesus passing out flowers at an ancient Judean airport...