• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Was the First Religion?

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
No problem.
"Civilization" started indipendantly in many areas of the world, the same goes for agriculture and writing.
Its a very complex thing, history.

wa:do

djackson

Especially if you subscribe to the "10th Planet" theory by Sitchin. Civilization pre-dating the oldest records of man. I just didn't think here was the proper thread for that Pandora's Box. I believe in the possibilities, but too controversial. Nice idea though, that we were genetically combined from an alien race then ruled over as slaves for thousands of years before the Sumerians and Egyptians. Mayhaps they are the first religion?

djackson

From a spiritual standpoint, it does beg an answer though? And it adds to some earlier posts. What if the first religion came before recorded human history. It makes sense that with conscious thought comes a search for spirituality. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How am I supposed to live? These are the basic needs of all humans in one form or another. It may be what defines a soul, being able to ask these questions.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Great subject everyone . . .
From researching for this post I came across the Paleo Indians of the Americas that date back to 35,000 years . . . something new to me!

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
yeah, we've been around a while. :cool:

From a spiritual standpoint, it does beg an answer though?
Not from mythical aliens.
What it does is make us think about our definition of "human", and the possibility that sprituality is as much biological as it is cultural.

wa:do