• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What was the first thing God said to you?

Please see the first post

• Total voters

John_672

Omnitheist
The first thing that I heard the Divine say to me was "Listen." I've been trying to listen attentively ever since. Sometimes, all I hear is a whisper that I can only half understand, other times it is like a booming voice, loud and clear. Most of the time I hear nothing at all... which could possibly be because I'm easily distracted.

Although I call it a "voice" and describe it as being "heard", I must be honest - it isn't something I hear with my ears, but rather with my heart. Perhaps this is reason to believe that I am merely delusional, and God is nothing more then a figment of my imagination. I accept that possibility, but feel that even if it is merely a voice in my head, it is the better part of myself. As such - I still will listen for it. :shout

Jon²

Blah, Blah, Blah
No, God has never spoken to me directly (i.e., 'Jon, God here......') but I am a believer that he has indeed put the interest in my mind in finding what I believe to be the true path for me... hence, the reason I registered here.

dance-above

He told me that im not righteous now but I will be, at the appearance of Christ. He gave me assurance of this by making me well at the time of the word, I was very, very sick at the time.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Yes. That answers both questions. Have I heard God talk to me? Yes. What was the first thing She said to me? Yes. Clear and resounding. This was followed by many other answers to several questions I had at the time. This was a couple years ago or so. More recently, about 5 to 6 months ago, I heard the same voice tell me that I would be pregnant again around the time that Jamie would be 18 months old. He turned 17 months old yesterday and I just found out I'm pregnant last week.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
When I had my appointment with "god" there was an overwhelming sense of "Welcome". It was NOT a word that I heard with my ears, but rather an indescribable sound that echoes through every particle of my being. I felt like a twig caught in a maelstrom of such gigantic creativity that it may as well be called boundless. I doubt that anyone will ever be able to prove me wrong, lol.

After the initial period, the "appointment" lasted for 8 earth hours, I was the recipient of words from voices without tongues. The words were in fact dazzling images that went off like fireworks and I responded in kind. It was image transference, rather than words. There was no need to talk as we normally do because the communication was far too fast and covered too much. Thirty years down the road, I am still unlocking the present I returned with.

The oddest quality is that part of me is still suspended in that realm in front of "him" in a timeless existence of companionship. Talk about the prodigal son returning home to dad. The lasting "memories" I have are of indescribable ecstasy, unbounded LOVE and the knowledge of what it is to be a "personality energy essence".

I always keep in mind, that I could be wrong and that I could be deluded as that keeps my feet planted firmly on the ground. If I didn't I would likely just float away and never return to this small unhappy rock.

Heck, all I know is that I know "nothing"... but I do know "nothing" rather well indeed.

cardero

Citizen Mod
What was the first thing God said to you? (experience, theist)

PATRICK: Hello...It's me.

GOD: Who else could it BE?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
What was the first thing God said to you? (experience, theist)

PATRICK: Hello...It's me.

GOD: Who else could it BE?
I can dig it Patrick. No one will be surprised when I say what the first words were in my mind. My exact words were, "Well, holy ***k." and then I was hit with what seemed like a tidal wave of ecstasy and love. (That was a bit hard to handle, lol.) In reality, when you are in front of that "primary energy gestalt" there isn't much possibility of ticking it off, lol... as you are "creation" that has come full circle.

!Fluffy!

Lacking Common Sense
He said my name, and called me his child. Then no words to describe the incredible sense of love and peace poured over me... and an indelible message of eternal belonging and joy. I've often thought if I were to live the rest of my life in abject poverty, pain and suffering it would all be worth it just to have experienced that one moment.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
He said my name, and called me his child. Then no words to describe the incredible sense of love and peace poured over me... and an indelible message of eternal belonging and joy. I've often thought if I were to live the rest of my life in abject poverty, pain and suffering it would all be worth it just to have experienced that one moment.
I agree, but hopefully you are not too hell bent on proving that point, lol.

!Fluffy!

Lacking Common Sense
I agree, but hopefully you are not too hell bent on proving that point, lol.

uh no dude but glad you get the point. hey one thing i know for sure is that the creator created everything IN joy to be enjoyed - and we take ourselves way too seriously. i get easily irritated at people who don't get this, that he WANTS us to be In joy, to appreciate and cherish and experience this life to the max. and as with everything, i had to learn this in a really weird way.

One time i made him laugh. I was on my knees sobbing miserable over a really tragic and hard time in my life, and in my abject state it seemed like the torment would never end. I had been begging for relief for days, it just worsened. And then I just resigned myself and said 'okay lord, i get it. I'm done. If it's your will that i be miserable for the rest of my life, so be it, thy will be done.' And I really, truly meant it.

all of a sudden He was (not visible but present), laughing. I was stunned, I didn't get it. He was laughing at me!? And then it cracked me up, this vivid caricature flashed in my mind of the Lord of the Dance decreeing dramatically to the celestial host that his desire was for one of his sad little puppies to remain miserable for the REST of her natural LIFE.

Right. The lesson? patience, trust, perspective, and the assurance everything is going to be okay has stayed with me and sustained me thru many years now... oh, and don't forget to laugh out loud at least 10 times a day!

peace,
!Fluffy!