• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What will happen when the Messiah arrives?

Tesla

So Jews were never satisfied with the christian Jesus, because he didnt fullfill the standards the real Messiah was supposed to fullfill. What are these criteria that the true jewish Messiah will accomplish as to be recognized by the entire world as the truthful leader of the Jews?

I see you've already gotten some good answers to your question, but I thought I'd throw in my two cents.

The criteria is actually very simple. The Messiah (himself) must be from the house of David. –This means that he must be a physical offspring along the father’s line leading back to King David himself. The messiah must be Jewish – born to a Jewish woman. (A convert is 100% Jewish, but a convert cannot be from the house of David.)

We’ll know we’re in the messianic era when we see total world peace. When people start to turn their weapons into farming equipment, then we know we're on the right path to achieving this goal. All of the Jews will be gathered from across the globe, and returned to Israel. All people (Jews and Gentiles) will know G-d. –If even one person is unclear on the subject, then we haven’t achieved the goal.

Regarding Hocus Pocus Temples Dropping from the Sky:

The mode by which the prophecies are fulfilled isn’t really the important thing here. What’s important is that the prophecies are fulfilled.

- From what I’ve been taught about the onset of the messianic era, Orthodox Jews allow that the Temple may appear overnight as a miracle from G-d, but it’s also allowed that the Temple will be built by human hands. We can see this to be true because it’s the most observant Jews who are spearheading the (human) project to rebuild the Temple. -They are not depending on a miracle.

- It doesn’t matter if the all of the Jews move to Israel because Israel becomes an appealing place to live, or if they’re physically dropped there by a miracle…. In either case, the Jews would be in Israel.