• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

what?

ChrisP

Veteran Member
michel said:
Perhaps; since Rob is now offline, and you have made a pertinent point, perhaps you would answer the following question which I would have asked Rob;

Do you trust N.A,S.A ?
Do you trust all who use MRI scanning machines, and decide on the state of your health as results of the scan ? (There are many more examples, of course)
To be blunt: I don't completely trust anyone I haven't looked in the eye.

I trust humans to be humans, cats to be cats, dogs to be dogs and so on, but that is the result of Dao. Things like N.A.S.A, where it is an organisation, faceless (and eyeless :p ) I tend not to trust, because how can you know what their real motives are, when it is not known who controls these entities or sets the agendas.

To take the instance of NASA. Why are humans seeking to explore space and colonise other worlds when we have clearly shown we cannot take care of this one in a manner that is sustainable? Simple answer. Resources. Resources that can be sold for profit.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
SnaleSpace said:
To be blunt: I don't completely trust anyone I haven't looked in the eye.

I trust humans to be humans, cats to be cats, dogs to be dogs and so on, but that is the result of Dao.
Which was what I expected from Rob, to which the next question would have been:-
"Deduction People in Germany live in Europe. From maps made out of observation in the world the majority of people have agreed that the land below poland and next to france is germany. The people who live there agree it is Germany and the majority of the world through personal observation and deliberation have decided it is Germany. "

I was trying to make the point that we do accept evidence provided by people in whom we place our trust, without knowing them.

ChrisP

Veteran Member
michel said:
Which was what I expected from Rob, to which the next question would have been:-
"Deduction People in Germany live in Europe. From maps made out of observation in the world the majority of people have agreed that the land below poland and next to france is germany. The people who live there agree it is Germany and the majority of the world through personal observation and deliberation have decided it is Germany. "

I was trying to make the point that we do accept evidence provided by people in whom we place our trust, without knowing them.
Yes but sometimes I think we take the trust thing a little to far, such as organisations with agendas. I trust the general populace. I don't trust people with agendas that are veilled or misdirectional.

My teachers always said I had problems with authority figures ;) .