• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's hell's Purpose?

RamaRaksha

*banned*
i could never understand that paradox in christianity. god is a omnipotent being who embodies all things good and none of the bad.

but he cannot control evil and if you dont listen to him you are sent to a place of ultimate evil.

so either god is not omnipotent, or he is not 100% good. when confronted with this argument christians seem to use a bit of doublethink.

Simple - religion using god to reel in converts and make sure they don't leave. Good cop, Bad cop. That's how cults operate - but this cult dominates our world, so they get to call themselves a religion.

RamaRaksha

*banned*
Well, we can't know for sure what sin is, since none of us knows G-d completely. But I'm OK with that because I trust that G-d loves me even though I'm not perfect.understand the Christian concept of it, is a place of revenge, where the guilty just HURT forever. Not so useful. Separation and accountability that I believe come after death with unresolved sin are "the only way to go". You get a life, you get a chance afterwards to make up for all the mistakes you made and then you get eternal bliss.
(As an aside, I haven't made up my mind about reincarnation yet. There is definitely room for it, though it isn't specified. If a life is cut short, maybe, or if a soul doesn't learn enough, maybe it gets sent back to learn more.

You can't define sin but yet you say the terrorists get what is coming to them? What is this chance to make up for the wrongs? How do you make up for anything by being brutally punished? Thru Karma & Rebirth they get a chance to make up for what they did.

Have you seen the video of the girl being whiplashed by the Taliban? You hold some ideals obviously - i noticed you did not answer my questions - say you think homosexuality is wrong, and god disagrees. so then you are taken to hell and whipped like the girl in the video. That's how you learn that you were wrong? Is that a fair judgement? And he loves you? Come again?

What i don't understand is how people who believe in the ideals of democracy suddenly think Autocracy is a good idea, just because it is their religion. You are being judged, you don't get to argue your case, you have to accept his view discarding everything that you held dear in life if it contradicts his position on it. Why are you lowering yourself to a slave/servant position?

Can you see the same mentality in the terrorists actions? They think they are following God's orders, not stopping to question the action that they are about to undetake. Aren't you basically doing the same thing when you blindly accept his judgement?