• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's in your purse?

Kungfuzed

Student Nurse
I've seen some purses that are as big as a briefcase and some the size of a wallet. What do you keep in there? How off limits is the purse as far as other people looking through it? Is it sacred territory or just a bag of stuff?

Smoke

Done here.
I don't have a purse, but my husband is constantly amazed at what's in my pockets. I haven't left the house today, but this is what I had in my pockets when I came home last night:
  • Wallet
  • Keys
  • Money, both paper and coins
  • Cigarettes
  • Cigarette lighter
  • Backup cigarette lighter
  • Nicotine inhaler (so I don't have to interrupt my work to smoke)
  • Backup nicotine cartridge
  • Camera
  • Extra batteries for camera
  • Three ballpoint pens with black ink (need extras for backup)
  • One gel pen with red ink
  • One highlighter
  • One package of Skittles candies (open)
  • Gasoline credit card receipts
  • Random piece of paper I stuck in my pocket
  • Sugarless chewing gum
  • Reading glasses
  • Sunglasses
  • Backup reading glasses
As you might imagine, I prefer pants -- and shirts -- with lots of pockets. :D

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
I have neither bag, purse nor wallet.
What I can't put in my pockets with comfort I don't take.
I do not even carry a mobile phone.
though I put one in the car for longer journeys.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Bag of stuff.

I have a book, a DVD to be returned to the rental place (Carnivale disk 2), a bag for groceries, glasses case, comb, wallet, change purse, skin moisturizer, lip moisturizer, little tissue thingie, various take-out menus from restaurants, fibre pills, vitamin pills, a pair of dice from Las Vegas, Tylenol, Advil, tweezers, nail clippers, a small screw driver for glasses, glass cleaner, stamps, a mirror, a tiny sewing kit with thread and needle, address book, various 'lucky' rocks, keys, more keys, a pen, bus pass, cards for shopping, and one for air miles.

kadzbiz

I carry my police ID only, but in its sleeve I fit my credit and maybe a $20 if I'm cashed up. My mobile phone is slim, so I pocket that too. However, my wife's purse is like Pandora's Box!

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
... Oh dear. Let my grab my purse.

A DS case with a DS Lite and about 15 games.
Small sketchbook.
Stiff! The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers by Mary Roach.
A zebra patterned wallet with lots of library cars, ID cards, medical cards, business cards, and some small change.
Palm T|X PDA.
Cell phone with a bluetooth headset.
Glittery chapstick.
Checkbook made out of ducttape.
MY SPARE JEEP KEYS I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR THEM!
For some reason the stand for my Wii Sensor bar is in my purse, the bar is mounted to my TV anyway.
Nail file.
Some make-up.
Hijab pins.
More chapstick.
Various medications.
Pads and tampons.
Lots of lotion.
Uh... well condoms... better safe than not. Okay, it sounds bad after the lotion, but the lotion is an assortment of very nice lotions just for hands and faces.
Pens, pencils, a ruler, highlighters.
Lighters.
Little First Aid kit.

Hanging off my purse on the strap for easier access is my keychain- a climbing beaner with my school ID, house and other car keys, and those silly little store cards.

Honestly, I don't care who goes through my purse, as long as they're not looking to steal anything. It's pretty much a medium sized bag of assorted random stuff. I've had people need something and I'll just be like oh I have that in my purse, just grab it out of there and they won't want to even look at it thinking it's some sacred thing.

Kungfuzed

Student Nurse
As you might imagine, I prefer pants -- and shirts -- with lots of pockets. :D
I wear mostly cargo pants but all I carry is my keys, wallet, Blistex, and nail clipper, and maybe some loose change. I like cargo pants so I can take out my wallet while I'm sitting down. It's impossible to do that wearing jeans.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
My wallet, some gum, sour candies, camera, planner, my wench pin, some asprin, cell phone, a pedometer, a folded up totebag for when I go for the grocery store, a wax tart (to make it smell nice), my makeup bag, perfume, car keys, pencil case with pens, and my ipod.

Smoke

Done here.
I wear mostly cargo pants but all I carry is my keys, wallet, Blistex, and nail clipper, and maybe some loose change. I like cargo pants so I can take out my wallet while I'm sitting down. It's impossible to do that wearing jeans.
I prefer cargo pants, too. I don't sit on my wallet. It's not comfortable.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I don't carry an purse, but I do take a leather back pack with me almost every where I go, which has in it;
-Wire cutters
-Screw driver set (complete with bits for even the most bizarre of screws)
-Wrenches, plyers, and vice grips
-Ratchet set
-A few knives
-Knife sharpener
-Hammer
-Chisel
-Lighter
-Torch lighter (with a light at the other end of it)
-Flashlight
-Hacksaw
-Wire strippers
-Pouch of tobacco and rolling papers
-A few bucks in change and bills
-A couple pairs of gloves.

I have come to call this bag my "scrapping bag." I also strip out alot of stuff on-site, and put what I don't take in a dumpster. One central air, heating/cooling business even sets all the scrap stuff out under a light for me. Gonna need a gas can in my bag if I ever end more than a few miles with a trunk stuffed with central air compressors though.:cover:

Mike182

Flaming Queer
gosh.... if i empty my bag out from the end of today...

keys
phone
shirt
belt
wallet with bank card, drivers liscence, student card, rail card, HMV card and money.
bandanna
book
CD
receipts
bottle of coke
bus pass
insulin syringe and needle

Nanda

Polyanna
Most of the time I just shove my wallet in my back pocket and my keys in the front, but when I need to bring a purse, I carry a fatigue green army-esqu messanger bag, covered with buttons and LOTS of pockets (I love that bag) - a purse is way too small. Let's see what's in it right now...

Wallet
Car Keys
Emergency Sewing Kit
Large leather-bound Sketchbook (8 1/2 x 11)
Small sketchbook (5 X 7)
2 mechanical pencils
2 inking pens - micron fine point size 8 and a micron brush pen
1 polymer eraser
A book of Sudoku puzzles
"God is Not Great" by Christopher Hitchens
fruity Tick-tacs
3 kinds of gum - chewing and bubble
lifesavers
2 chapsticks
nail clippers
Excerdrin for Migraines
Benadrly cold and allergy
ibuprophin
cell phone
tampons
hair elastics
hand sanitizer
hand lotion (brown sugar and fig!)
A magneseum and flint stick - for starting fires in survival situations... (I watch too much Survivor Man. :shrug:)
2 kinds of crayons - regular, and Crayola "slick sticks"
An ocarina (I also play too much Zelda...)
ocarina sheet music (including Zelda themes)
Paint samples (we're repainting some rooms)
a scratch ticket
3 or 4 Michael's Craft sheets
2 asthma inhalers
a ball point Bic
wet wipes
2 bracelets - one resin with a beetle inside, the other leather with stars punched out.

There's some other stuff, too, but it's mostly little bits of paper and such.

Booko

Deviled Hen
What I *don't* have in my purse -- wallet with cash, cards and IDs. Except for symphony going, when I don't have pockets, I carry my wallet on me and never in my purse.

Contents of purse:
1 partial roll non-corn-infested toilet paper
several packets of non-corn-infested hand wipes (can't trust bathroom soap either)
checkbook
pens
few teabags
Excedrin (a few doses)
1 small bottle digestive enzymes
1 protein bar, for food emergencies
1 tube arnica pellets
1 bottle Rescue Remedy homeopathic
a couple of bandaids
1 small hair brush
1 tiny bottle Arabian musk perfume oil (all natural)
1 bottle Visine (for drives > 6 hours)

If I expect to be dining out I'll also have:
1 bottle homemade salad dressing (greek or vinagrette)
1 "shell" container with supplements that go with meal
possibly 1 slice bread I can actually eat (if meal is breakfast)

I've only started carrying a purse at all in the past few years. Until I had a Palm pilot, I had no use for one. Now I don't need the Palm, but the toilet paper is mandatory.

Nanda

Polyanna
i brought that book yesterday! what do you think to it?

Well, I'm not very far in yet - only page 67, I got it very recently myself. Though I will say that, right off the bat, I like that he speaks from experience and actual encounters, and that he finds Richard Dawkins to be as pretentious as I do. ;)

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Does anyone else carry cash outside of a wallet, and put in a front/side pocket, rather than back?
Out of the few times someone has tried to pick my pocket, not once has anyone reached for a pocket other than the back ones. I also don't carry a wallet either. I have one in my car with my social security card, birth certificate, membership cards, and other important documents, but my driver's license I usually keep in my scrap bag, and the money is a pocket.

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
:biglaugh:

You obviously do not understand my joy!

This is the best thread of the day. I would have never actually figured out what all I had in my purse until I looked for this thread. :D I've been looking for those keys for a week now, they're just spare keys but they have a personalised keychain on them that has my name on it, Maesi.

Aqualung

Tasty
You obviously do not understand my joy!

This is the best thread of the day. I would have never actually figured out what all I had in my purse until I looked for this thread. :D I've been looking for those keys for a week now, they're just spare keys but they have a personalised keychain on them that has my name on it, Maesi.

I think I do undertsand your joy, which makes me laugh harder (in joy for your joy, combined with the hilarity of you finding it due to this thread).