• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's in your purse?

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
Let me put it this way: My husband refers to my purse as "D Garbage Bag". :p

Hey, last night I cleaned it. :D

Okay then:

- 2 cell phones (one was a gift from my hubby since the other phone network is always dropping calls)
- 2 lipsticks
- 2 matching lipliners
- black mascara
- black eyeliner
- bronze eyeshadow (Which I only wear on specail occasions)
- face powder/foundation (which I only use under my eyes to even out the skin tone)
- some earings and chains, a chain bracelet too...jewellry for when I'm in a hurry; like when hubby says, "Put on your make-up and jewellry in the car." :D
- a clip for my hair
- sindhoor stick (sindhoor is something that married Hindu women apply to the center parting of their hair, it's red and is usually a powder but the stick is less messy)
- a key to our bedroom door (which my husband gave me when we weren't married - it was the key to his room door)
- some bus tickets
- aleve pain killers for cramps
- contraceptive pills
- mini torchlight
- comb
- cards from Subway restaurants
- one tissue with lipstick blots
- pen and....usually I have post-it notes but I have to put a new one.
- a take-away menu from a Chinese restaurant we recently discovered
- one mint I swiped from my husband and I can't tell how long it's been there.
- I.D. card
- Debit card
- Money, including lots of coins
- A clip to attach one of cell phones to my belt/pants/whatever
- small bottle of shiling oil for headaches and sniffles

Smoke

Done here.
Let me put it this way: My husband refers to my purse as "D Garbage Bag". :p

Hey, last night I cleaned it. :D

Okay then:

- 2 cell phones (one was a gift from my hubby since the other phone network is always dropping calls)
- 2 lipsticks
- 2 matching lipliners
- black mascara
- black eyeliner
- bronze eyeshadow (Which I only wear on specail occasions)
- face powder/foundation (which I only use under my eyes to even out the skin tone)
- some earings and chains, a chain bracelet too...jewellry for when I'm in a hurry; like when hubby says, "Put on your make-up and jewellry in the car." :D
- a clip for my hair
- sindhoor stick (sindhoor is something that married Hindu women apply to the center parting of their hair, it's red and is usually a powder but the stick is less messy)
- a key to our bedroom door (which my husband gave me when we weren't married - it was the key to his room door)
- some bus tickets
- aleve pain killers for cramps
- contraceptive pills
- mini torchlight
- comb
- cards from Subway restaurants
- one tissue with lipstick blots
- pen and....usually I have post-it notes but I have to put a new one.
- a take-away menu from a Chinese restaurant we recently discovered
- one mint I swiped from my husband and I can't tell how long it's been there.
- I.D. card
- Debit card
- Money, including lots of coins
- A clip to attach one of cell phones to my belt/pants/whatever
- small bottle of shiling oil for headaches and sniffles
Is that a purse or a suitcase?

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
Is that a purse or a suitcase?

:biglaugh:I measured it - a 9" x 5 1/2" purse. The straps are sort of coming off - I have to buy a new bag...a little bigger one but not too big. A couple nights ago I dreamt that I was shopping for a bag. :rolleyes:

The list looks long but most of the things are small anyway - like my makeup. :D

Inky

In the order I see them:

Bills and coins, USB cable (connects remote drives to a computer), sanitary pad, tampons, delicious bubblemint gum, oil-absorbing face blotters, paper with phone number, blank deposit slips, two lip balms, flash drive, keys, birth control pills, a digital watch which beeps when I'm supposed to take the pill (when I set it right; the watch did not come with instructions), face lotion, pen, pencil, concealer, lubricant.

Booko

Deviled Hen
Does anyone else carry cash outside of a wallet, and put in a front/side pocket, rather than back?

I put my wallet in my side pocket. If you keep it in your back pocket all the time it eventually knocks your pelvic bones out of alignment.

I frequently carried cash outside my wallet when I was younger, just to avoid pick pockets. If I'm someplace where that's a possibility, I still do that. But then, I never did like big crowds much, so airports are about the only place I bother.

Mostly the only place I go is the grocery store and the doctor's office anyway, so it's not much of an issue at the moment.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
I usually carry a wallet, with money and cards I might need.

I used to use a men's "handbag" because that is a continetal habit, and I loved seeing the expression on people's faces here in England before they got their heads out of the sand and realised that there were customs other than British ones. Same with my name; I was forced to change my name to Michael, because English people were certain that Michel was a girl's name.

Now, as for my wife, her handbag is generally referred to as "The Brick"; it weights at least 10 lbs, and has items in it that go back to our honeymoon. I was brought up never to look into a lady's handbag, and to this day,. I have a problem looking into my wife's even when asked to. besides, I need to come up for air every so often........