• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's the biggest slap to God's face?

Moonstone

inactive
Which God are you referring to? If you are referring to the Abrahamic God, I'd say the most offensive thing to him would be us "mere mortals" not worshipping him, or denying his existence all together.
-Dot

Erebus

What is the most offensive thing a mere mortal can do to God?

I think that saying his true name aloud was supposed to get you on his s*** list pretty quickly. Going one up from that, I would imagine that singing his true name aloud and getting Simon Cowell to rate your performance is a hell of a lot worse.

Last edited:

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I think that saying his true name allowed was supposed to get you on his s*** list pretty quickly. Going one up from that, I would imagine that singing his true name aloud and getting Simon Cowell to rate your performance is a hell of a lot worse.
Never did understand why an all powerful being would be so afraid of its own name.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Nothing.

IMO, kick God, he'll just inquire about the well-being of your foot.

In other words, insult God with words, he'll just ask if you're feeling okay. Shout at him, he'll offer some water to soothe your throat.

My opinion, anyway.

Last edited:

Klaufi_Wodensson

Vinlandic Warrior
Well, I myself have done some pretty offensive stuff in god's eyes. I used to be forced to attend a catholic church, and I would go up to get the eucharist, but instead of eating it I would put it in my pocket, and bring it home and set it on fire. Haha so maybe setting the body of Christ on fire is a pretty bad offense to god?

Wannabe Yogi

Well, I myself have done some pretty offensive stuff in god's eyes. I used to be forced to attend a catholic church, and I would go up to get the eucharist, but instead of eating it I would put it in my pocket, and bring it home and set it on fire. Haha so maybe setting the body of Christ on fire is a pretty bad offense to god?

That would upset any Catholic. How old were you when you did this ? You must be very upset with your mom and dad.

Last edited:

dust1n

Zindīq
I learned at my olden church that suicide was the ultimate slap. That was probably only relevant for Christianity though.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I learned at my olden church that suicide was the ultimate slap. That was probably only relevant for Christianity though.
Suicide is not an ultimate slap, it is an ultimate show of love:
John 15:13
No one has greater love than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member
What is the most offensive thing a mere mortal can do to God?

Not showing respect for your fellow mere mortal, made in G-d's image.

I think that saying his true name allowed was supposed to get you on his s*** list pretty quickly. ...

The chances of 99.99% of humanity getting the 'true name' right... 0.01%

Saying that, intent does count, if one is attempting to intentionally blaspheme.

Baydwin

Never did understand why an all powerful being would be so afraid of its own name.
Magic.

Ancient people used to think that if you knew a being's real name then you had power over it, there is an Egyptian story where Isis tricks Ra into revealing to her his true name, needless to say hilarious antics ensued. I'm pretty sure ancient cultures used to give their kids public names and private names as well.

John D

Spiritsurfer
Nothing you can do or say can tick God off, It only influence your own soul.
Job 35:6-8 If you have sinned, how does that affect God? And if your transgressions are multiplied, what have you done to Him? If you are righteous, what do you [by that] give God? Or what does He receive from your hand? Your wickedness touches and affects a man such as you are, and your righteousness is for yourself, one of the human race [but it cannot touch God, Who is above such influence].

I guess not even Christians (some) care enough to really get to know God.

Erebus

Magic.

Ancient people used to think that if you knew a being's real name then you had power over it, there is an Egyptian story where Isis tricks Ra into revealing to her his true name, needless to say hilarious antics ensued. I'm pretty sure ancient cultures used to give their kids public names and private names as well.

Very true and yes in some cultures it was incredibly rude to call somebody by their real name. However, surely an all powerful god would have nothing to fear?