• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's your bible?

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Are y'all aware that this is the discussion section? ;) If you wish to debate, please take it to the appropriate area. Thanks, guys!

Jonathan

I have the King James Version I received from my Church when I was saved. It is hard for me to read in that I read ahead and have trouble focusing on one thing at a time. I found this website that I can read the Bible on that just goes a bit at a time and it makes if much easier to read on saved.com. Feel bad having to read it like this when I'm only 23 but it works for me. I've got similar problems with dictionaries.

Mr. Hair

Renegade Cavalcade
In the path of Tao Jia, There are no priests, no temples, no sacred book.
For the Taojian;
Nature is our Sacred Scripture;
Our heart is our Temple;
Our conscience is our only Priest.
*nods*

*is just using up the five character limit*

:cool:

joeboonda

I prefer the KJV as I think it is the best translation (IMO), although it can be hard to understand some of the archaic words, but some study helps there. Although I do reference other versions, I like to stick with one, and the KJV is great for memorizing verses, it is poetic, flowing. And using one translation, reading the same verses the same way over and over helps me remember them better. As far as comparing KJV with some of the modern versions, there are some excellent books and websites which do a good job comparing them. A fun and important study...