• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's Your Blood Group?

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Mine is A-

I never knew what it was until my early 40's when I had a blood transfusion and I noticed it written on the bags of blood. Apparently it's not very common which is probably a bad thing.

mangalavara

हर हर महादेव
Premium Member
Mine is A-

I never knew what it was until my early 40's when I had a blood transfusion and I noticed it written on the bags of blood. Apparently it's not very common which is probably a bad thing.

That sounds like a ‘concrete’ way of finding out what your blood type is.

Whereas your blood type is a bit uncommon (1 in 16 people are A-), mine is very common: A+. My mother told me at a very young age my blood type. She knows the blood types of everyone in the family.

Speaking of blood type, many Koreans, Taiwanese, and Japanese associate it with personality type. The traits associated with type A blood are nearly accurate in my case.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
That sounds like a ‘concrete’ way of finding out what your blood type is.

Whereas your blood type is a bit uncommon (1 in 16 people are A-), mine is very common: A+. My mother told me at a very young age my blood type. She knows the blood types of everyone in the family.

Speaking of blood type, many Koreans, Taiwanese, and Japanese associate it with personality type. The traits associated with type A blood are nearly accurate in my case.

Thanks for that, very interesting reading. It matches me fairly well, I'm very uncomfortable in crowds but I'm not so sure about the diplomatic part.

mangalavara

हर हर महादेव
Premium Member
Thanks for that, very interesting reading. It matches me fairly well, I'm very uncomfortable in crowds but I'm not so sure about the diplomatic part.

Being in crowds is also something that I am uncomfortable with. As for being diplomatic, I think I’m fairly diplomatic.

It would be interesting to see what other users might say about their blood type and personality.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Mine is A-

Mine is A rh -. It must be rare, the blood transfusion service come to me every year.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I am O+. I can get blood from nearly anyone because I can get blood from anyone who is O+ or O- and between them they make up nearly half the people in the US. I can also give to almost anyone, though O-s are the ones considered Universal Donors because they can give to everyone. I can only give blood to people who are positives, though. I think. It's confusing.

Last edited:

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Mine is one of those that can accept the common muck from everyone else - which comes in handy. :eek:

Last edited:

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
I have no idea

In Japan your blood type is supposed to determine your personality and fortune like star signs do in astrology

But I'm not Japanese so am not really intetested

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I have no idea

In Japan your blood type is supposed to determine your personality and fortune like star signs do in astrology

But I'm not Japanese so am not really intetested
Same here, uninterested.

TRUE STORY TIME:

I know my blood type because of this - a nurse came into the room and told me my son's blood type and said "It is different from your husband's and I don't think your husband is the father of your child." She said this IN FRONT OF MY HUSBAND (who was the father of my child). I said, "Thanks for that but this is my husband and he is the father of my child. Couldn't there be a mistake somewhere?" She said she doubted it. So for months my husband thought he might not be the father of our child. Good times! It didn't help that he didn't look like any of the other kids (and still doesn't to this day, though he does look like his grandfather),

Well my son had to be tested for thalassemia (all my kids did but they didn't have it) and I asked that they recheck his blood type and they did and it was O+ like both my husband and me. So sure enough, someone somewhere had made a mistake. I felt like finding that nurse and telling her that but that would have required, you know, work. So I just let it slide. Hey, I had four kids and they were all six and under!

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
O+

I knew mine when I was young because most of my life until recently I've been a blood donor.