• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whats your favorite Webcomic?

Real Sorceror

Pirate Hunter
Does anyone here read webcomics? Do you have a favorite?

In case you don't know what a webcomic is, they can be generally described as graphic novels or traditional comic strips that can be read on the internet.

Currently, my favorite comic is HERO. The art is absolutely great, and unlike most comics, it is not cluttered with "thought bubbles". HERO uses a system of "floating captions" which only appear when you move your mouse over the comic. :rainbow1:

Random

Real Sorceror said:
:rotfl: Haha, that is so awsome!
I especially liked Moral-Relativist Man. :D

Glad you liked it. There are no shortage of good goofy webcomics out there, but tell me Real Sorceror, are you a comic-book reader as well (like me)? Marvel? DC? Other?

Real Sorceror

Pirate Hunter
Godlike said:
Glad you liked it. There are no shortage of good goofy webcomics out there, but tell me Real Sorceror, are you a comic-book reader as well (like me)? Marvel? DC? Other?
Alas, I never got into reading real comic books. I still have a great love of superheros, mostly from watching their various cartoon incarnations. :super:
Batman is so awsome. A freind of mine let me read his copy of a book called "The Dark Knight Returns". At least, I think thats what it was called. Anyway, it showed Batman when hes like 65 years old. He still kicked butt!:D
My fav. heroes are Batman, Spiderman, Green Arrow, Dead Pool, and various X-men. I'm not sure if those are Marvel or DC(or both)

ayani

how could i have forgotted "Dykes"?

ai!

ok my faves:

Dykes to Watch Out For
Penny Arcade
Pewsitters

Mike182

Flaming Queer
i must admitt i have never really been interested in graphic novels or comics (i'm guessing there is a difference :areyoucra )

for those in this thread who have talked to me/read my posts and have an idea of what sort of person i am, what would you suggest i try reading?

Random

Mike182 said:
i must admitt i have never really been interested in graphic novels or comics (i'm guessing there is a difference :areyoucra )

for those in this thread who have talked to me/read my posts and have an idea of what sort of person i am, what would you suggest i try reading?

Start with anything by the comic book gods like Alan Moore, Neil Gaiman or Warren Ellis. Read The Watchmen graphic novel first, then maybe The Sandman or The Authority, the stories for which are all collected in a format known as trade paperback. They are also called "graphs" too, there is little difference between a full-length graphic novel and a collected edition of several comics issues.

If you're not a fan after that, you've no soul! :p

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Penny Arcade (Which also has World of Warcraft based comics in the game's strategy guide)
Perry Bible Fellowship