• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When you want to know the truth.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Can you explain what you mean by Allah is within you? I do not think you are claiming identity with Allah.
When accepting Allah and the teaching of Muhammad and practice the teaching accordingly to the Quran, the truth take place within you, so since Allah is truth, in my understanding Allah is within you.

Others may understanding this different then i do.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
I am not sure i understand you.
The quran holds the truth since it is the word of Allah, as a human being i am not important in the big picture. But i have my understanding of the teaching, even my understanding is limited right now so my vision is not clear.
The word i used "my view" was a wrong word to use, my understanding would be better.
But as a muslim, i am still a human being who thinking, meaning i am a person, but in this OP the understanding and person who is Amanaki is not important.
The question in the end of the OP was ment to be the important to see in the OP

I think you should demand more from your religion. It sounds like Islam isn't holding up its end of the bargain, and it's putting all the burden on you. If you take the Quran as the perfect word of god, then you must believe the Quran when it declares itself "clear and easy to understand".

My guess is that you understand the passages well, but that the messages aren't as wonderful as you were led to believe.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I think you should demand more from your religion. It sounds like Islam isn't holding up its end of the bargain, and it's putting all the burden on you. If you take the Quran as the perfect word of god, then you must believe the Quran when it declares itself "clear and easy to understand".

My guess is that you understand the passages well, but that the messages aren't as wonderful as you were led to believe.
I have never found any scripture that resonans to me as good as the Quran does. People are allowed to assume anything they like about me or my reason to convert :) my reason is that i found truth on a deeper level when i started to read the Quran.
What others think is their thoughts

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
When studying and you come over a verse or verses you can not understand. You turn to Allah for advice, you pray for guidance.
Or as many do. They turn to their fellow believers and ask questions to understand the verses in question

Allah might not give you a clear answer at that moment, but put forth the answer into your life, you experience the answer so you should pay attention in your daily life.

When you ask your fellow believers, they will give you the answer the way they them self understand it, they will not give the answer the way Allah do :)

What way would you prefere your answer given to you?
pray literally means to ask, or beg

once you ask, are you listening to the Spirit?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
So what is your pont?
If you are unable/unwilling to see truths about yourself, how can you expect to see other truths?

Or even more specifically, if you deny truths about yourself, how can you see truth at all?

If you are unwilling/unable to accept truths about yourself, how can you accept other truths?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
If you are unable/unwilling to see truths about yourself, how can you expect to see other truths?
I know i am far from how i should be as a muslim, so i see the truth that i have more to understand and that will be through practice of Islam. Only Allah is perfect

icehorse

Premium Member
I have never found any scripture that resonans to me as good as the Quran does. People are allowed to assume anything they like about me or my reason to convert :) my reason is that i found truth on a deeper level when i started to read the Quran.
What others think is their thoughts

Why assume that you're to blame when you find the Quran confusing?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I know i am far from how i should be as a muslim, so i see the truth that i have more to understand and that will be through practice of Islam. Only Allah is perfect
and STILL, your focus is on outside and not inside.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
The practice and study of the Quran will change me from within, the proof of that will be seen from outside in action words and thought.
Practice happens from within.

So not sure why you said what you did
It is interesting that you have not stopped to consider that your confusion may be from the fact that you deny/reject truths about yourself which may very well be what is preventing you from seeing/understanding the truths of the Koran.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
When studying and you come over a verse or verses you can not understand. You turn to Allah for advice, you pray for guidance.
Or as many do. They turn to their fellow believers and ask questions to understand the verses in question

Allah might not give you a clear answer at that moment, but put forth the answer into your life, you experience the answer so you should pay attention in your daily life.

When you ask your fellow believers, they will give you the answer the way they them self understand it, they will not give the answer the way Allah do :)

What way would you prefere your answer given to you?

The direct one.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
It is interesting that you have not stopped to consider that your confusion may be from the fact that you deny/reject truths about yourself which may very well be what is preventing you from seeing/understanding the truths of the Koran.
Seems like you say you know the quran very well?
My confusion is still present because i have a lot to understand and learn about the teaching, i am not afraid of saying that i lack understanding of many aspect of the teaching.
But i still see Quran as true teaching

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Seems like you say you know the quran very well?
My confusion is still present because i have a lot to understand and learn about the teaching, i am not afraid of saying that i lack understanding of many aspect of the teaching.
But i still see Quran as true teaching
I strongly suspect you will have a rather difficult time with it until you come to terms with yourself.

And seeing as you are extra strong in the denial of self department...

Still, i wish you the best of luck.

icehorse

Premium Member
The confusion comes from lack of knowledge of the teaching, so i must read the teaching many many times to fully grasp it.

not according to the quran! the quran declares itself to be clear and easy to understand. perhaps it's the quran's fault, not yours?