• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where is "God"?

ChronicHalt

...Take not from literal representation, as words can only convey meaning, and never give truth.

If "God" created man in his likeness, then "God" must certainly be man and would consider SELF the perfect man.

If man was in "God's" likeness, then man would be indistinguishable from "God".

If "Man" has lost "God", the only "Man" then capable of finding "God" is "God", undeniably making that "Man", "God".

If "God" is convinced he is "Man", then "God" is no longer "God"; but can "God" be convinced that he is "Man"? If so then "God" is "Man" and not "God".

I have simply found "God". AT BACKPAGE.COM

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
It seems that God is most likely a construct of your mind. Even if deity exists independently of your mind, your idea or concept of that deity would still be a construct of your mind.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
It's My Birthday!
...Take not from literal representation, as words can only convey meaning, and never give truth.

If "God" created man in his likeness, then "God" must certainly be man and would consider SELF the perfect man.

If man was in "God's" likeness, then man would be indistinguishable from "God".

If "Man" has lost "God", the only "Man" then capable of finding "God" is "God", undeniably making that "Man", "God".

If "God" is convinced he is "Man", then "God" is no longer "God"; but can "God" be convinced that he is "Man"? If so then "God" is "Man" and not "God".

I have simply found "God". AT BACKPAGE.COM
God is the archetypal man and, to the best of my knowledge, has never been lost.

ayani

i would say that, in part, God is in our minds. ok, step back.

not to say that God is an illusion or unreal. rather that God manifests Himself in part through our thoughts, impressions, and changes of heart, so to speak. we know God, become aware of Him, in part through shifts within ourselves. exactly because, i think, self and God are really so intimately linked in ways i can't begin to try to break down.

for example- i was sitting this evening, grappling with my faith. meditating, pretty much. and distressed by a spiritually arid expanse the past few days, and what i feel is an inability, a failure on my part to truly understand anything that i am supposed to be "getting" out of life and faith. for me, understanding is kind of like onion layers in the mind being peeled away, and kind of like grace, and kind of like descrptions of the Holy Spirit. it comes and goes and is gradual, not on our time, and sweeps in and sweeps out. it is acting through and within what we understand as the "mind", yet it is not the "mind".

if that makes sense. that's the impression i got this evening.

ChronicHalt

Ever thought that maybe you so deeply represent him (Your Thoughts and your "mind" prescence) that you may even be "Him"?

Ever considered that without you, there would be no they?

No I, then no You?

Ever tried accepting that everything around you, happens, and not because it's coincedence, but because "God", more directly, YOURSELF, has already choosen what it is that has happened before you, Led to you, and remains after you?

Lives around me end... But what when "I" end? What master plan has been bestowed upon my existence?

"God" wouldn't be "God" unless he thought just as me, acted just as me, understood just as me, and Laughed just as me. Otherwise any diety would not earn the title "God", for they are not I, and I am "God".