• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where to move?

Smoke

Done here.
CaptainXeroid said:
With metro Atlanta, you could have urban, suburban, AND rural all within about 20 miles if you head in the right directions.
And, no offense, but some god-awful traffic. Not as bad as Chicago, which so far is the only place I refuse to drive, or even as bad as Washington. But pretty bad. I love Savannah, though.

EDIT: I see the traffic in Atlanta has already been covered. See? ;)

Circle_One

Montreal, QC!

Montreal rocks. It's a beautiful city, it's insanely diverse, it's friendly and welcoming and it's excruciatingly cheap to live here, compared to the rest of North America.

Wouldn't catch me living anywhere else.

Ðanisty

CaptainXeroid said:
What she said. :D Seriously, in most parts of Georgia houses are still reasonable. With metro Atlanta, you could have urban, suburban, AND rural all within about 20 miles if you head in the right directions.

As for climate, we have plenty of sunshine, but we still have decent tree cover so it's not tough to find shade. You wouldn't need snow tires as we seem to average 0.182" of snow/ice/sleet per year, but the few days when they forecast it the whole city shuts down. :biglaugh:

We have plenty of schools where you could finish that degree. Georgia is mostly conservative, but there are pockets of liberals in case you need to see some.

Last week, RK:hugkiss: & I walked through some brand new 4-5 bedroom houses over 4,000 sq ft for around $400k. I don't even want to know how much that would run in SOCAL.:help:

Anyway, much success with the decision.
I wouldn't recommend Atlanta for the traffic alone! Plus, while $400k is quite affordable compared to $700k, it's still a whole lot compared to getting a brand-new 4 bedroom house for $200k in Savannah. Honestly though, I recommend older houses. I don't trust new construction at all. If the house has been there for 50 years, it's probably not going anywhere. Plus, Savannah is on the coast which Victor mentioned earlier...wanting to be near the water because his wife loves it. Of course, there are other coastal cities in Georgia too.