• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which Choice Best Describes Your Faith (or lack thereof)?

What is your faith (or lack thereof)?

• Christianity

Votes: 183 20.2%
  • Judaism

Votes: 28 3.1%
  • Islam

Votes: 66 7.3%
  • Buddhism

Votes: 47 5.2%
  • Hinduism

Votes: 51 5.6%
  • Baha'i

Votes: 23 2.5%
  • Spiritism

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Jainism

Votes: 4 0.4%
  • Unitarian Universalism

Votes: 33 3.6%
  • Wiccan/Pagan/Druid

Votes: 65 7.2%
  • Taoism

Votes: 10 1.1%
  • Native American

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Scientology

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Satanism/Luciferianism

Votes: 33 3.6%
  • Atheism/Agnosticism/Secular/Humanism

Votes: 184 20.3%
  • Non-Denominational Theism

Votes: 25 2.8%
  • Nihilism

Votes: 10 1.1%
  • Other - Please Explain

Votes: 139 15.4%

• Total voters

Deidre

Speaking of Christian mysticism, I watched a program on television the other night, an episode of Global Spirit in which they were interviewing a Christian mystic monk, a Jewish Rabbi and a Sufi Muslim woman. All coming from the "mystic" point of view. Each one of their descriptions of coming closer to God were so familiar to all of them, they found nothing to disagree on. They were each nodding their heads and smiling. Such maturity in their faiths. I found that most interesting and inspiring. Three people from different religious backgrounds relating their experiences in an open respectful manner. Much we can learn from that...IMHO :)

I agree, and having looked into Sufism, I can see the parallels. This experience that I had though, this might sound strange, but it's almost like I don't 'need' faith anymore. If you know something to be true, then faith isn't necessary. :) :sunflower: It's remarkable and I love this feeling.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
Finally found this again. My status has changed a few times. Anyone else's?
Not so much. It was beginning to change before I came here in 2013, but feel I've found my own way.

Another thing, I'm surprised the atheist group is the largest one here. 20.4%, followed by Christians at 20.3%.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Not so much. It was beginning to change before I came here in 2013, but feel I've found my own way.

Another thing, I'm surprised the atheist group is the largest one here. 20.4%, followed by Christians at 20.3%.

I am happy to see that actually.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Apparently, I hadn't voted in this one before...
I had to pick other because I'm an animist who doesn't neatly fall into the other categories...the Wiccan, Taoist and Native American categories might be closest, but I'm really not in any of those...if there was a "pagan" lowercase category, I would have chosen that.

arthra

Baha'i
Well it is interesting to me that 2.5 % of the respondents to the poll registered that they were Baha'is! That's not a bad percentage... Wait ... Twenty three Baha'is registered on the Poll and this thread has been around awhile since April 2008! Wow six years!

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Well it is interesting to me that 2.5 % of the respondents to the poll registered that they were Baha'is! That's not a bad percentage... Wait ... Twenty three Baha'is registered on the Poll and this thread has been around awhile since April 2008! Wow six years!

Where's the poll I haven't registered yet I don't think? Many thanks.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
I don't know if it's possible to register your belief anymore ...It's been around for so long..
at the top of the page on this thread...I just registered mine a few days ago, after someone else resurrected the thread...but I notice that you can't change your vote, either...

arthra

Baha'i
Thanks "beenherebeforeaga"... I can't recall seeing this thread before. I followed your advice and got caught up in the commercial re. blood pressure... Maybe someone was trying to tell me something!