• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which colour is this ?

SageTree

Spiritual Friend
Premium Member
I saw the baited hook and waited.......

One colour.. so many perspectives,
One colour.. so many opinions,
One colour.. so many debates are ready,
Despite of IT is infront of us.

Than, how it is possible to agree on ONE God ? :)

Then I felt a nibble on the end of the line......

badger

Hwít éoredmæcg
Could it be the nearest we humans could perceive 'Octarine' - Terry Pratchett's eighth colour? It's supposed to resemble "a fluorescent greenish-yellow purple" and can only normally be seen by wizards and cats.

42 posts on a colour? Good grief!!!

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Yes, If people have so many different views for such a simple thing like "Colour", than how it is possible to have one common view for God :)

we human being call it "green"

There is something to this. Not all people can actually perceive green at all, and there is some degree of variation between almost any two people.

Of course, "God" is a far more ambiguous concept than "green", much less a specific shade of that color, so there isn't much of a point to this exercise.

Or the Red Sea, for that matter? (I've also seen the Yellow River - and it isn't!)

Likewise, just because a name or concept exists, it does not always follow that there is a reasonable correspondence to it in reality.

idav

Being
Premium Member
Regardless of this "Colour" is infront of us, Just think! How long it can go for God which isn't infront of us :)

Color isnt all that ambiguous as it can be measured precisely. For God we dont even know what to measure for.