• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which deities are associated with the scent of rose water?

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
Being a tree-hugging plant nerd, I would just see it as time to get to know the plant spirits/gods in the family Rosaceae. Which is a huge, huge plant family that is also very ethnobotanically significant.

Do you like apples? Roseaceae. Plums? Rosaceae. Cherries? Rosaceae.
The family of 5s. (petals, sepals)

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
I woke up to the strong scent of rosewater during the hypnopompic state (between sleep and awakening.) I haven't consciously associated any specific deity with the scent of rosewater, so what are the associations streaming along in the collective unconscious?

JustGeorge

Out of Order
Staff member
Premium Member
I'd love to see if you don't mind showing it! :)
20240614_150457 (1).jpg
Not sure how clear the stuff on the actual altar is.

Crazy thing is, it all kinda materialized itself together. The Greek pillars and mini sword rack I found at St. Vincent's. That plate with the Greek warriors was given to me by someone who didn't know I had an Ares altar at all. The Ares statue itself was a story... I was at a picker's store, and the guy and us realized we had mutual interest in world religions. So, he took us to a closet full of stuff he'd collected that wasn't for sale. The Ares statue was one of them. I froze and told him he must make an exception. I worship Ares, and I pointed at the then infant Ares, and said "I even named my son for him." He thought that was a little eerie, and sold me the statue lol

I did buy the Aphrodite statue myself, though, early on in the year, when I thought the home could use more loving energy. There's some shells by her feet. I also found a plate with her and Eros and my Grandma's house, and I'm trying to figure out where to hang that where it won't throw everything off.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I woke up to the strong scent of rosewater during the hypnopompic state (between sleep and awakening.) I haven't consciously associated any specific deity with the scent of rosewater, so what are the associations streaming along in the collective unconscious?
In my variety of Hinduism, (South Indian agamic) every abhishekham (ritual bathing) at temples ends with rosewater. I follow the same at home in my daily morning ritual, wit the pouring of a very small vessel of rosewater. This ritual can be quite elaborate with the pouring of many substances, but the simplest would be water. Rosewater would be #2 on the list of importance.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
Blurb about Padma family
The padma family glows with the vitality of red energy. Padma sanity is a finely-tuned intuition that discriminates subtle experiences without bias. When people manifest the wisdom aspect of padma, they are engaging, magnetizing and charming. This energy listens deeply and speaks from the heart. Padma also can have an obsessive desire to magnetize and grasp the most pleasurable and ideal situations. When people manifest its confused quality, they can cling to what gives pleasure, are overly emotional, and perpetually seek confirmation.​

*doh* I was gonna read over the blurb and ask anyone to point out when I'm manifesting the confused aspect. I guess the perpetually seeking confirmation shoe fits. *doh* :oops:

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
View attachment 92815
Not sure how clear the stuff on the actual altar is.

Crazy thing is, it all kinda materialized itself together. The Greek pillars and mini sword rack I found at St. Vincent's. That plate with the Greek warriors was given to me by someone who didn't know I had an Ares altar at all. The Ares statue itself was a story... I was at a picker's store, and the guy and us realized we had mutual interest in world religions. So, he took us to a closet full of stuff he'd collected that wasn't for sale. The Ares statue was one of them. I froze and told him he must make an exception. I worship Ares, and I pointed at the then infant Ares, and said "I even named my son for him." He thought that was a little eerie, and sold me the statue lol

I did buy the Aphrodite statue myself, though, early on in the year, when I thought the home could use more loving energy. There's some shells by her feet. I also found a plate with her and Eros and my Grandma's house, and I'm trying to figure out where to hang that where it won't throw everything off.
Wow, very nice! It's almost like a temple! I love the swords and everything is just nice.

Maybe you can hang the plate to the left side, but I'm not sure. I like everything symmetrical, myself.

JustGeorge

Out of Order
Staff member
Premium Member
Wow, very nice! It's almost like a temple! I love the swords and everything is just nice.
Thanks! :D
Maybe you can hang the plate to the left side, but I'm not sure. I like everything symmetrical, myself.
That's where I'm struggling... it would throw off the symmetry.

There is a little archway off to the side I may be able to hang it... It wouldn't be on the wall, but its close enough...