• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which evolved first, consciousness or senses

The evolution of consciousness and senses

• Total voters

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
In Vedantic view, consciousness is not created or formed. It is present and it is that within which time and all structures are manifested and destroyed and we are this consciousness -- the knower of all processes. Being the unborn awareness, we have the ultimate power to obtain freedom from the cycle of action-reaction determinism.

And what does that "freedom" look like in your system?

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
Well I stand corrected on something, I didn't know camels ever lived in Ireland! :dromedarycamel:

th

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Is it an inane question to ask you about your opinion if you think that the eternally existing universe was created by natural means.:facepalm:
That's not what you asked. What you asked was:

"Do you think an eternal existing universe is normal and very natural thing to happen?"

It's an inane question because

1) I can't possibly know, as I have already stated that I don't know whether the Universe does (or could) exist eternally and,
2) I have no idea what is "normal" in the context of the formation of the Universe.

You might as well ask "Do you think it is normal for a quimble to contain a billow flop?"

If it isn't natural and it isn't then why you need to make a dodgy stupid answers.
When did you stop beating your wife?

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
That is true. If a question regarding 'whether a created hinge can create the hinge creator?' is absurd, how much more absurd it is to imagine that an intelligence created by some non intelligent process can unravel the truth of the process.
That has absolutely nothing to do with the question I was asked.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
That's not what you asked. What you asked was:

"Do you think an eternal existing universe is normal and very natural thing to happen?"

It's an inane question because

1) I can't possibly know, as I have already stated that I don't know whether the Universe does (or could) exist eternally and,
2) I have no idea what is "normal" in the context of the formation of the Universe.

You might as well ask "Do you think it is normal for a quimble to contain a billow flop?"

When did you stop beating your wife?

Keep dodging.;)

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Are you serious? I answered your question three times.

All your answers indicates that the eternal existing universe can't exist by natural means, if it can then explain how otherwise
just admit it's beyond the nature that we know and beyond our knowledge.

idav

Being
Premium Member
The nature we know won't create the universe that we know, hope my point is clear.
Thats where we might disagree. The nature we know is much more profound than your making it to be with things like time dilation and spooky action from a distance. Nature actually tells us our logic is flawed, so creating something isn't outside the realm of possibility for nature.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Thats where we might disagree. The nature we know is much more profound than your making it to be with things like time dilation and spooky action from a distance. Nature actually tells us our logic is flawed, so creating something isn't outside the realm of possibility for nature.

What was the nature before 20 billions years ago that created the universe that we know and from where it came from?
Assuming that a thing existed that started the universe and how singularity started, which nature you're talking about?

Last edited:

idav

Being
Premium Member
What was the nature before 20 billions years ago that created the universe that we know and from where it came from?
Assuming that a thing existed that started the universe and how singularity started, which nature you're talking about?
Singularity doesn't need to be true for what I said to stand on its own evidence that we observe, with our eyes.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Singularity doesn't need to be true for what I said to stand on its own evidence that we observe, with our eyes.

I said what was before singularity, what kind of nature it was before 20 billions of years ago?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
The nature at the point of a singularity would be eternal, you know what that entails, your a theist.

Yes by logic the thing before the singularity have to be existing and eternal, and God is eternal.

Last edited: