• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which is the Most Violent Religion Based on the Doctrine?

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
So when saying doctrine, also including the things taught within it?

So for instance Sikhs are trained warriors, with horse back riding, always carrying a knife, etc.

Taoism established Kungfu, thus has a whole martial arts dedicated to it.

Yet in both of these, they are taught as self defense, and used to protect.

So before anyone puts Islam, as far as i was aware Jihad means to protect, not to go attacking people.

Yet Islam is far from innocent, with countless battles described within it, where Allah gives favour to his people to win wars.

So on to the Jewish Bible, which clearly has more wars, violence, brutalization, and severe punishment system than the rest....So i suppose since I've already half answered it, is there any religion less violent? :oops:

People are violent anyway, and recognition of that seems to help dissolve the issue; so at extreme sports matches, such as boxing, rugby, American football, there is then less violence.... Almost like it releases some of the piped up aggression, we all have to some extent.

So what if the religions of violence had some form of martial art/self defense system added to them, do you think it might resolve them causing such violence in the world? :innocent:

Last edited:

Rapha

It all depends upon how weak minded the mortal is.

If they are strong minded then they will not be easily influenced by demons (Christianity) / jinn (Islam)

The jinn have been around before Adam and Eve and the Shaytan class of the jinn (mid-way) enjoy influencing mankind to do their bidding whether its good or bad.

The Valley of Megiddo (Armageddon) is already setup to be a major playground for the jinn to unleash their rage whilst they possess host bodies.

Laika

Premium Member
I think "based on the doctorine" is going to be a sticking point because your implying that the violence is the authentic expression of a religion. In so far as all religions represent the same human impulse, all religions are capable of violence because human beings are capable of violence. As Religion is part of the ideological process of concieveing social organisation, it inevitably entails both politics and conflict. So I think your probably asking the wrong question.

Maybe "why are religious people violent when their religion insist on peace?" would be a good one to think about.

Rapha

Maybe "why are religious people violent when their religion insist on peace?" would be a good one to think about.
Nice one.

In that case the answer would be 'the anti-peace religious person is possessed by a negative entity that enjoys making innocent civilians suffer'.

That would include, arms dealers, weapons manufacturers, soldiers, terrorists, mad scientists, hawk politicians and supporters of war.

Laika

Premium Member
Nice one.

In that case the answer would be 'the anti-peace religious person is possessed by a negative entity that enjoys making innocent civilians suffer'.

That would include, arms dealers, weapons manufacturers, soldiers, terrorists, mad scientists, hawk politicians and supporters of war.

that's an interesting way to put it. do you mean something along the lines of demonic possession?

(edit: I agree that sadism, that is enjoyment of making people suffer is wrong though.)

vaguelyhumanoid

Aztec polytheism maybe. From what I understand, it's based on the idea that the gods both create and sustain the universe, and they could let it end at any time. They work constantly to keep us alive, so we must give human life back in gratitude, or else they'd notice our selfishness and stop bringing rain, sunlight etc. Sacrifices were chosen from among prisoners and treated like gods before their death. Wars were started for the specific purpose of acquiring more captives for sacrifice. After that, it would almost certainly be an Abrahamic religion. Biblical Judaism was quite bloody, yes, tho for a lot of later history Judaism has been more laid-back than Christianity and Islam. Those two have certainly caused the most bloodshed in practice, with Christianity likely being the most deadly of all wrt historical body counts despite its pacifist doctrine.

Rapha

that's an interesting way to put it. do you mean something along the lines of demonic possession?
Definitly. According to the Quran, the jinn pass through every host body (mortal) everyday.

If a evil demon (jinn) wants to inflict pain on others then it will tap on a part of the host body like the left shoulder and once attached will begin to influence the human mind with evil ideas.

Those thoughts will manifest into action.

Example: if a normal weak minded person who hasn't hurt a creature ever suddenly gets the idea of how much fun it would be to run someone over whilst driving their car, then the evil jinn is 'suggesting' a thought to them.

i wonder how many evil djinn were hooked to Oppenheimer when he inverted the nuclear bomb. Were the thoughts his or theirs seeing that the jinn were using nukes long before Adam and Eve.

picnic

Many religions practiced human sacrifice, self-inflicted pain, cannibalism, etc. This seems to have been the norm all over the world. Here is an image from the Mississippian Culture of North America that illustrates.
Chromesun_mississippian_priest_digital_painting.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mississippian_culture

wizanda

Premium Member
That would be if it was true; based on the doctrine (if you've read the texts), many are not teaching peace....

Islam doesn't teach peace, just to protect what they have, and to kill infidels; yet it is based on the war like mentality of Judaism...Though Islam does mean 'submit to peace'; yet hasn't been often applied.

Judaism is full of atrocities, which then Christianity is established on...Yeshua didn't come to bring peace either; yet the sword of division, to make everyone fight against each other. :innocent:
Biblical Judaism was quite bloody, yes, tho for a lot of later history Judaism has been more laid-back than Christianity and Islam.
That isn't true, one of the reasons the Jews have been kicked out of so many countries is for ritually sacrificing children, etc....Oral tradition states that, 'the death of the righteous, can atone for the sins of that generation'...So hardly not bloody. :confused:

picnic

The true measure of violence is not ritual violence but warfare. The Aztecs may have sacrificed one person every morning to help the Sun rise, or they might have sacrificed prisoners to celebrate a victory, but the numbers would have been trivial compared to warfare.

When a predominantly Buddhist nation goes to war, can we point the finger at Buddhism? Take the example of Japan in WW2. All those Buddhists were chopping off the heads of Chinese civilians, mistreating POWs, etc.

I don't think religion makes much difference. When the Muslims conquered Jerusalem, the contemporary accounts do not mention Islam. Religion was not a noteworthy consideration in the warfare.

wizanda

Premium Member
Watching a documentary explaining multiple cases across history, where we've been tried, and then rejected from countries for it....Amazed, and shocked how many cases there have been; still got to verify all the cases are accurate. :innocent:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Watching a documentary explaining multiple cases across history, where we've been tried, and then rejected from countries for it....Amazed, and shocked how many cases there have been; still got to verify all the cases are accurate. :innocent:
So, you are just saying that this is what we've been accused of then? I'm sorta confused here.

wizanda

Premium Member
So, you are just saying that this is what we've been accused of then? I'm sorta confused here.
Accused, and sentenced, multiple times.... Yeshua, and the Prophets also pointed out this is what had been taking place...So sort of taking all the evidence as being a case overall. :oops:

metis

Accused, and sentenced, multiple times.... Yeshua, and the Prophets also pointed out this is what had been taking place...So sort of taking all the evidence as being a case overall. :oops:
So, you're saying that this was all for real? When and where did we "sacrifice children"? And as far as that and the "atrocities" are concerned, are you mostly speaking of way back when or in more recent centuries? Groups do evolve over time, and we simply are not the same as we were thousands of years ago, plus we cannot even be certain that what supposedly took place thousands of years ago as reported in the scriptures really happened as was written.

metis

Just a note that I'll be outta here shortly but will try and pick things up on Sunday or Monday, so please be patient with me.