• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which is the Most Violent Religion Based on the Doctrine?

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Wrong again.

I think you will find that many martial arts throughout history have been formed through other methods,
The ones with surviving lineages tend to be the displined ones as they had rigid class structure that survived.

However many martial arts where very chaotic in nature.

Have you never seen that savage beauty of the Khopesh in combat before?
The reason they survive is because they work . . . the others died out because they didn't
Any martial art whether active or passive simply needs discipline and rigorous regimented practice as does any Art form.

I don't understand your mention of the Egyptian sickle, does this somehow further your point?

roger1440

I do stuff
kelly-ingram-park1.jpg

Aset's Flames

Viperine Asetian
The reason they survive is because they work . . . the others died out because they didn't
Any martial art whether active or passive simply needs discipline and rigorous regimented practice as does any Art form.

I don't understand your mention of the Egyptian sickle, does this somehow further your point?

No, that is very untrue.

Several useful martial arts in history are gone due to advances in weaponry and change in the envirment.

Most martial arts where not disciplined.

When you actually study the history of human conflict you may actually be able to make arguments that hold water.

Martial arts do not have to be an art by the modern defination of it.

Teaching, forging, and several other things where considered an art when that term was first applied.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
No, that is very untrue.

Several useful martial arts in history are gone due to advances in weaponry and change in the envirment.

Most martial arts where not disciplined.

When you actually study the history of human conflict you may actually be able to make arguments that hold water.

Martial arts do not have to be an art by the modern defination of it.

Teaching, forging, and several other things where considered an art when that term was first applied.
You're entitled to your opinions . . . the definition of an art is not the same as a craft.
Name one Martial Art that didn't require discipline and rigorous regimented practice?
Are you a Martial Artist?

Jumi

Where do you get that from, as can post multiple sources saying that it is? :)
Multiple sources, but are they any good?

If you think all Kung Fu is somehow Taoist, what do you think the influence of the Shaolin Temple and Buddhism was?

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
what do you think the influence of the Shaolin Temple and Buddhism was?
Just reading how that came up from India; so wouldn't surprise me if it came from the same roots the Sikhs got it from. ;)