• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which is worse? Which is easier? Which would you prefer? and Why.

zack

Second option is harder I'd say, being confused and conflicted about anything is difficult and especially so when it is about your standing in life and the universe as a whole. That said, which one would I prefer?

I've gone through pretty much all of my life as a confused and conflicted person, and the security and warmness of Option 1 is appealing, but I don't think personally I could stand something like that for long, one of the great things about ambiguity is you never know what to expect and it keeps things interesting. In addition I'd find it difficult to ground myself in something like Christianity, but that's just my opinion.

autonomous1one1

Premium Member
Which life is worse?

Being Jesus, knowing God exists, knowing God loves you most, knowing you are perfect, knowing your purpose in life, knowing you will make a great impact and be loved in the world, knowing your life has meaning, and dying for a well-defined, obvious purpose from the day you are born till the day you die...
OR
Not being sure of anything, wondering what life is all about, and being in continuous cycle of guilt or ambiguity from the day you were born till the day you die...

Considering the previously mentioned, Which life is easier/harder?

Considering the previously mentioned, Which life would you prefer?

and Why?
Greetings d3. One reason that there is limited response might be that most perspectives on Jesus as Christ and 'other' options for life are different from those you express. Willamena re couched somewhat but please permit one to offer a different view.

From one perspective, Jesus as Christ is 100% human and 100% God. In this perspective, a human in realization of union with God is so joyful and ecstatic, so liberated and free, and so eternal that there is no question about which way of being one would prefer. In different words, God in Self-Realization through human consciousness is a state of being for which there is no comparison.:)

d3vaLL

Greetings d3. One reason that there is limited response might be that most perspectives on Jesus as Christ and 'other' options for life are different from those you express. Willamena re couched somewhat but please permit one to offer a different view.

From one perspective, Jesus as Christ is 100% human and 100% God. In this perspective, a human in realization of union with God is so joyful and ecstatic, so liberated and free, and so eternal that there is no question about which way of being one would prefer. In different words, God in Self-Realization through human consciousness is a state of being for which there is no comparison.:)

So Being Jesus for sure.

ManTimeForgot

Temporally Challenged
If any of us "mere mortals" actually had any conception about what it would be like to be "perfect" and to know "first hand" what "God's love" actually feels like, then we might actually be compelled to choose the first option. But the fact of the matter is Jesus' life in the absence of this "knowledge" looks pretty horrible. Exactly who among us is strong enough to go about their life knowing that you will be betrayed by someone you love and respect and then tortured because of it? That sounds like the epitome of suck.

And try as you might to make the second option "sound bad" I would probably still take the second option even if I knew what it meant to be like "Jesus." I like the mystery. I don't really want to know what everything is all about because then I will never have anything to look forward to in the future. Ignorance is bliss when it comes to knowledge of purpose, future, and total cosmology.

Consider: Would you ever attend a football game if you already knew who was going to win and how it was going to be done? Would you ever play a game that you always lost no matter how you played (including even if you played better than your opponent)? How interesting is it to continuously do basic math problems over and over (or anything trivially easy for that matter: 2+2=4, 3+2=5)?

MTF