• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which of all churches on earth is the only true church?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Basically the false teachings of men make it a false religion and in the case of christendom the attributes I posted earlier are a clear indicator.

Care to translate that into English? I failed my legalese course in high school.

I'm not suggesting that, I am proclaiming that as a truth. There is no way the Bible teaches "trinity", although certain scriptures can be forced to make look like there is one. And I never called anyone or anything a whore, so don't presume to put words in my mouth.
That is a part of my stance, yes.

That pretty much guarantees that all religions are false. Although it appears that JW's have more false teaching of men than most denominations.

The only thing clear to me is that you think you can make up your own standards and that God ought to go by them. That is opposite to the way God sees it.

Denial of the Trinity is so unbiblical that the only way it can be defended is by convoluted logic. Such denial is the teaching of men not the teaching of God and therefore false religion.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I think any church based on the Bible must be false, since the Bible is just an old book that people take way too seriously.

That is a false view of the Bible.

It is an old book but it is not merely an old book.

It is reasonable to take seriously things that are serious. I wouldn't take an Archie comic book seriously because it is meant to be comedy.

MurphtheSurf

That pretty much guarantees that all religions are false. Although it appears that JW's have more false teaching of men than most denominations.

The only thing clear to me is that you think you can make up your own standards and that God ought to go by them. That is opposite to the way God sees it.

Denial of the Trinity is so unbiblical that the only way it can be defended is by convoluted logic. Such denial is the teaching of men not the teaching of God and therefore false religion.

Matthew 7:15
“Be on the watch for the false prophets that come to YOU in sheep’s covering, but inside they are ravenous wolves. 16 By their fruits YOU will recognize them

These are some of the things that the "braindead" believe.
Again, what a fine "Christian" you are.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Ah, these types of threads are always so predictable. Always end up going the same way.

1 - I'm more Christian than you are!
2 - Nu uh! I'm more Christian!
1 - No you're not. You're no REAL Christian!
2 - You have no idea what a REAL Christian is!
1 - Well...:ignore: na na na na boo boo

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Although it appears that JW's have more false teaching of men than most denominations.
What appears to me to be "false" is the way in which the teaching is carried out.

AmbiguousGuy

That is a false view of the Bible. It is an old book but it is not merely an old book. It is reasonable to take seriously things that are serious.

I think you may be confused about what God wants. He doesn't want us to take the Bible too seriously.

By the way, I think you should be ashamed about your 'braindead' comment. If Jesus inspired you to say that, he should be ashamed, too.

Last edited:

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
Is your church the only church teaching the absolute true principles of Christ?
Is my Church the Church that stems from Peter who was given the Keys to heaven? As well as the Church that interperates and teaches the principles of the gospel in its fullness?

Yes

I can not speak of anyone elses church

bain-druie

Tree-Hugger!
Is your church the only church teaching the absolute true principles of Christ?

Misleading question, because it's founded on faulty logic: 'absolute' and 'true' cannot both apply to anything that is as highly subjective as religious faith.

The fact that when Christianity focuses on exclusivist doctrine they very quickly start tearing each other limb from limb (literally or metaphorically, or sometimes both, historically speaking) shows how inherently divisive it is as a faith when it makes impossible claims to absolute universal truth.

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
Misleading question, because it's founded on faulty logic: 'absolute' and 'true' cannot both apply to anything that is as highly subjective as religious faith.

The fact that when Christianity focuses on exclusivist doctrine ]

If you think all Christians have exclusivist doctrine, then I take it you never herd of Calvinism.

bain-druie

Tree-Hugger!
If you think all Christians have exclusivist doctrine, then I take it you never herd of Calvinism.

Au contraire, monsieur; first, I never said all Christians have exclusivist doctrine. Second, John Calvin was a total ******* who got thrown out of France and eventually built a police state in Geneva based on pseudo-Christian doctrine forced into unholy union with Hellenic Dualism, producing a particularly vicious form of Christian Determinism.

He did not murder nearly as many people as the Inquisitions and pogroms of the "Holy Roman Empire" (which was neither holy nor Roman), but his followers really made a go of trying.

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
Au contraire, monsieur; first, I never said all Christians have exclusivist doctrine. Second, John Calvin was a total ******* who got thrown out of France and eventually built a police state in Geneva based on pseudo-Christian doctrine forced into unholy union with Hellenic Dualism, producing a particularly vicious form of Christian Determinism.

He did not murder nearly as many people as the Inquisitions and pogroms of the "Holy Roman Empire" (which was neither holy nor Roman), but his followers really made a go of trying.
WEll I can agree with you about Calvin, but disagree about the Church.

Its Divine, yet with a very human element. I do believe many Catholics have acknowledged the wrongs the Church has done at times, and have apologized. I believe one of the biggest advocates for asking for forgiveness was the Blessed Pope John Paul II :)

sojourner

Then name calling is acceptable to you too then?
His was explicit, yours is implicit. JWs assert that theirs is the only true religion. That implies that the rest of us who adhere to religion are stupid, ignorant, wrong, lying, unsaved, not worthy, etc.

AmbiguousGuy

Sounds like the religious authorities might have benefited from some remedial honesty training.

Sure. No doubt. It's ironic that Jesus created so much of that same dishonesty down through the years simply by his existence.

Once a person knows the truth, he can become dangerous dishonest indeed -- even or especially if he's wearing church robes.

AmbiguousGuy

JWs assert that theirs is the only true religion. That implies that the rest of us who adhere to religion are stupid, ignorant, wrong, lying, unsaved, not worthy, etc.

Not necessarily. You're not an AmbiguousGuyite, but I don't think you're stupid. You just haven't yet been sufficiently exposed to my Enlightenment.

I'm guessing the JWs think the say way, which is why they're always going door to door.

sojourner

Sure. No doubt. It's ironic that Jesus created so much of that same dishonesty down through the years simply by his existence.

Once a person knows the truth, he can become dangerous dishonest indeed -- even or especially if he's wearing church robes.
Jesus didn't wear church robes...:areyoucra

I fail to see how Jesus "created dishonesty." Perhaps you'd enlighten me?

sojourner

Not necessarily. You're not an AmbiguousGuyite, but I don't think you're stupid. You just haven't yet been sufficiently exposed to my Enlightenment.

I'm guessing the JWs think the say way, which is why they're always going door to door.
That would constitute "ignorance," then.:facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.