• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which Religion has the Best Sense of Humor?

Beaudreaux

Gotta be Judaism. Remember when Seinfeld was upset because his dentist converted to Judaism just for the jokes.

Rabbi: "And this offends you as a Jew."
Seinfeld: "No, it offends me as a commedian!"

TurkeyOnRye

Which religion has the best sense of humor? Why?

I would say sense of humor is subjective, but indeed we all laugh for the same objective reason. I would vote Buddhism, Hinduism and several other eastern religions because elevation of consciousness (the cornerstone of their teaching) promotes self-aware thought, which is where humor originates. Just take a look at any zen master and you'll find that they are incredibly non-serious and funny.

Last edited:

Beaudreaux

I would say a sense of humor is 100% subjective, but indeed we all laugh for the same reason. I would vote Buddhism, Hinduism and several other eastern religions because elevation of consciousness promotes self-aware thought, which is where humor comes originates. Just take a look at any zen master and you'll find that they are incredibly non-serious and funny.

What did the Zen master say to the NYC hot dog vendor?

"Make me one with everything."

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I have to say Judaism, too. This is mostly because of people like Mel Brooks, William Shatner, Woody Allen (which could be a matter of opinion), Jerry Seinfeld, The Late Marty Feldman, and many, many others. ;)

Darkwater

Fundies are best at visual/expressive humour,like when they start beating themselves n'stuff.

For true comedy,gotta be the Jewish.

*Benny & Hymie were walking down the road when a big crowd of Nazi skinheads blocked their path,they went to cross & there was another big gang across the street,went to back & there was a bigger nastier gang behind them.

So Bennie reaches into his pocket's and says to Hymie"hey Hymie,here is that tenner I owe you"

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
We can't blame God so we have to use humor to relieve stress

Have you heard the one about the Minister the rabbi and the Preist

Tons of mice were gathered in the basement of the meeting hall.
The Minister said he would take care of it first. He got a bunch of Cats.
Now there where cats in the basement.
The Rabbi said he would take care of it He got humane traps caught them and drove them 50 miles away.
They found there way back with even more cats
The Catholic Priest said no problem.
Went in the basement came out and No more cats.
They all wanted to know what he did.
I baptised them and then confirmed them and they all left.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Discordianism ftw!
6. A Sermon on Ethics and Love

One day Mal-2 asked the messenger spirit Saint Gulik to approach the Goddess and request Her presence for some desperate advice. Shortly afterwards the radio came on by itself, and an ethereal female Voice said Yes?

"O! Eris! Blessed Mother of Man! Queen of Chaos! Daughter of Discord! Concubine of Confusion! O! Exquisite Lady, I beseech You to lift a heavy burden from my heart!"

What bothers you, Mal? You don't sound well.

"I am filled with fear and tormented with terrible visions of pain. Everywhere people are hurting one another, the planet is rampant with injustices, whole societies plunder groups of their own people, mothers imprison sons, children perish while brothers war. O, woe!"

What is the matter with that, if it is what you want to do?

"But nobody wants it! Everybody hates it."

Oh. Well, then stop.

At which moment She turned herself into an aspirin commercial and left The Polyfather stranded alone with his species.
source

Darkwater

Calvinisms. Why?

Hobbes: "Do you believe in the devil? You know, a supreme evil being dedicated to the temptation, corruption, and destruction of man?"

Calvin: "I'm not sure that man needs the help."

Great clarity of thought powerfully delivered,some people just cannot handle this.

Dr Jecto

Religion is not the source of right and wrong. It is in the power of man . Man is born with moral instinct. For man has deciphered right and wrong. The truth is not relative,only the beliefs of people differ.