• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which yoga path do you follow?

ratikala

Istha gosthi
namaskaram arpankhandelwal ji :namaste

My sister & brother, I was not referencing "Bhagwad Geeta" to support my reply, the quote from "Bhagwad Geeta" is a slogan for me that I write below my message in my posts. I have been using the same slogan from long time. You can refer my earlier posts as well.

no wish to offend prabhu ji , but given the subject of 'jnana' ; 'knowledge' is being discussed in this thread it was particularly relevant :)

Truly there is in this world nothing so purifying as knowledge.- (Bhagwad Gita [4.38])

[/quote]

Ekanta

om sai ram
I think bhakti yoga and karma yoga go hand-in-hand.

"He who sees Shiva in the poor, in the weak, and in the diseased, really worships Shiva. He who has served and helped one poor man seeing Shiva in him, without thinking of his caste or creed or race or anything, with him Shiva is more pleased than with the man who sees Him only in temples." - Swami Vivekananda
We might also add that seeing God in fellow beings is the result of increased jnana ;) . Perhaps not perfect jnana, but an increased clarity. If you achieve this, wherever you lay your hat is your home.

Last edited:

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
We might also add that seeing God in fellow beings is the result of increased jnana ;) .

Yes, this is a good point. I think one practice of yoga leads to another as one grows spiritually. I think they can also grow concurrently.

namaskaram arpankhandelwal ji :namaste
no wish to offend prabhu ji , but given the subject of 'jnana' ; 'knowledge' is being discussed in this thread it was particularly relevant :)

Yes my sister that it wasn't intentional but became relevant because the word in the slogan I use is same as the subject that was being discussed. :)

Truly there is in this world nothing so purifying as knowledge.- (Bhagwad Gita [4.38])