• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

White Nationalists and Sanatana Dharma

TTCUSM

Namaste Everyone,

I was doing some research on the Aghori sadhus, and I came across a thread on Stormfront about them. One of the comments on the thread was posted by a user named "Arya Dharma". He said the following about his background:

Greetings, Wild One. Since you've decided to make this personal for some odd reason, I'll indulge you for the moment.

I am a White, European-descended Aryan man living in the United States of America.

I perform Surya Namaskara each and every day. I teach Yoga and have trained Yoga teachers. I am also an initiated Brahmana (initiated in India by an orthodox Indian Brahmana guru) and wear a Brahmana thread. I say the Gayatri mantra three times daily, as the sun is rising, when it is mid-sky, and as it is setting. I'm a strict vegetarian, don't drink, take drugs, smoke, etc. I practice Ayurveda to remain healthy. I meditate on my given mantra each and every day without fail. I know, read and can translate Sanskrit. I lead a purely sattvika life. I study the Vedic scriptures on a daily basis; have read all 108 Upanishads, about 15 Puranas, Brahma Sutras, Yoga Sutras, Narada Bhakti Sutras, Shandilya Bhakti Sutras, Nyaya Sutras, Vaisheshika Sutras, Samkhya Karikas, etc., in addition to the entirety of the Mahabharata, Ramayana, and about 22 commentaries on and roughly 35 translations of the Bhagavad Gita, among many, many other Sanskrit scriptures. I perform agni-hotra-yagya about once a month.

That's the short list.

I can guarantee that I know many more Indians than you ever will in your lifetime, including some of the most important and well known Indian Hindu leaders on earth at the present time (the fact that I'm fluent in Hindi and Telegu is a big help in this regard), and not one of these Indian Hindus can say that they have been able to perform the above list. Not even close.

I've been to India and toured the length and breadth of the South Asian subcontinent enough to know that it is, indeed, a hell-hole. Indians abandoned Vedic culture long, long ago. They have zero interest in it, and only want to make as much money and collect as many material acquisitions as they can. The Sun of Dharma has set in Bharata, my friend. And it is arising with blinding force in the West. That you don't know this means that you know nothing.

Apparently, white supremacists are interested in Sanatana Dharma because of its associations with the Indo-Europeans (the original Aryans)...

GabrielWithoutWings

He's completely full of it. Regulars on Stormfront would laugh at anyone in real life trying to be a White Nationalist and Dharmic.

Same thing with White Nationalist Muslims.

Satsangi

I will take the comment of "Arya Dharma" at its face value. The reading that he has done is pretty extensive and impressive and is really commendable. He is probably correct that many of the current Indian Gurus have not read the Scriptures. I also agree with him that currently the general Indian mass is getting materialistic by leaps and bounds.

But, here is my comment on hs comment- (1) What is his take home message after this extensive reading as well as practice of Sanatana Dharma? I would love to know it (2) Many enlightened Saints of the past have not read all the Scriptures; infact, Adi Shankara said "Bhaj Govindam moodh matae" (3) Yes the Indians have become materialistic. But Sanatana Dharma does not depend on the number of people who practice it- that's the beauty of it. Even today, Bharat Varsha is still blessed with plenty of enlightened Saints and the Dharma is still deep rooted in people's lives. Bharat has always been and will always remain the leader in the the field of Spirituality.

I would not agree that the white supremacists are anyway near Sanatana Dharma; they may like to call themselves Aryans though.

Regards,

Last edited:

Onkara

Any generalisation can be shown to be inaccurate by contrary actions of a single person. So this person(s) does not speak for whites, Hindus or any other group except himself.

The only supremacy in Sanatna Dharma lies with Brahman. Brahman is universal and divine: logically and scripturally there is no person or thing in this universe which is better or worse when taken as a part of that supreme whole. The supreme goal is to know that intuitively.

Anyone can dedicate their life to prayer or ritual. A person can spend all day in a temple or mosque and leave without any belief in God or goodness in their heart.

Any racial or gender debate is based on a generalisation and has the potential to be a bad apple. It will rot anyone who takes a side with it and more fool them.

The web source and topic is itself based on race and racial discrimination – do not promote it with your criticism or praise – any acknowledgement provides fuel for destructive thought.

Last edited:

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
I don't get how one can be a supremacist and be a Hindu. After all, we have been through many bodies, and the Bhagavad Gita says one sheds bodies like old garments... :shrug:

White supremacist Muslims sounds so weird. :D

Hagbard

Yes, this appears to be an interesting phenomenon. I have seen some European quasi-nationalists adopting Buddhism in a similar fashion, claiming the Aryan connection.

In my opinion this could be seen as yet another example of spiritual principals being poured into a materialist mold...one thinks of Chogyam Trungpa's phrase "spiritual materialism". Perhaps one of the blessings and curses of the human mind would be the ability to ascribe any kind of chosen meaning to anything at all...even spiritual practices and principals.

Last edited:

Onkara

Yes Hagbard. the material mold here is the identification with their bodies. People are so attached to their colour, nationality, principals etc that they need to somehow claim they have historic or racial ties in order to make something they like their own. It causes trouble.

TTCUSM

On page 30 of The Quest for the Origins of Vedic Culture, Edwin Bryant explains why German nationalists latched on to the Aryan myth:

There were very good reasons that some Germans, in particular, took to the rapidly developing field of philology with such enthusiasm and became the principal promoters of what Raymond Schwab (1984) has called the "Oriental Renaissance". The southern Europeans, all things considered, could point to the grandeur of their ancient Greek and Latin heritage, and the British could afford to overlook their own potentially embarrassing pedigree problems and bask in the superiority of their colonial and technological advances in the modern, real world. It was German national pride that was most in need of some dramatic infusion from the past. Schwab outlines how, just as the arrival of Greek manuscripts in Europe after the fall of Constantinople had triggered the first renaissance in the fifteenth century, the arrival of Sanskrit texts from India in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries produced a "second Renaissance," with German scholars determined to capitalize on the unique opportunity. After all, if the Germans could appropriate the mantle of the original Indo-Europeans (which they soon began to call Indo-Germans), they could then lay claim to being the progenitors of all subsequent derivative cultures, be they Greek, Latin, or colonial.

PVE1

This man has made sure to put his Hindu resume out there, but he forgets one thing - pride is never ok! Down with pride of race!

Wannabe Yogi

Namaste Everyone,

I was doing some research on the Aghori sadhus, and I came across a thread on Stormfront about them. One of the comments on the thread was posted by a user named "Arya Dharma". He said the following about his background:

Apparently, white supremacists are interested in Sanatana Dharma because of its associations with the Indo-Europeans (the original Aryans)...

They love the idea of the caste system when the white guys are on top.

Yona

Frum Mastah Flex
I think it's just a racist who has an interest in 'Hinduism' and is trying to rationalize this interest into his own racist paradigm. This is also clear in WN Muslims, Buddhists, Satanists, etc.