• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who is {MUHAMMAD} ?

ISLAMONLY

MUHAMMAD is the latest prophet .He was sent after jesus by GOD . His message is the religion of islam.Islam means in arabic to submitt to the GOD. GOD revealed His inspiration to the prophet MUHAMMAD , he was told that islam is the last chance and the last mercy from GOD to the Whole of humanity in this earth . Muhammad told us to believe in all prophets sent before him as acondition to be safe from the punishment of GOD .So we believe in Jacob,Moses,Jesus, Muhammad and other prophets without any distinction among them .The differense between muslims and others that Muslims believe in all prophets . thanks

Mike182

Flaming Queer
that was very informative, however you placed your thread in the debates section.... was there anything in particular you wanted to debate?

Mr. Hair

Renegade Cavalcade
ISLAMONLY said:
The differense between muslims and others that Muslims believe in all prophets .
Shouldn't that read "Muslims believe in all the prophets whom they believe were, in fact, prophets"? For example, I'm pretty sure that Islam doesn't recognise the Baha'u'llah as a prophet, yet many regard him as a messenger of God.

Since it seems to come down to who is regarded as a prophet, and different religions hold differing views on the criteria, nature and number of prophets, many faiths could make similar claims; that from their viewpoint they are recognising all of the true prophets.

By the way, I tried in vain to add in a prophet/profit pun... :D

(Out of interest, can anyone tell me of Islam's stance on [FONT=trebuchet ms,arial,helvetica]Zarathushtra, given that he preceded Muhammad and all)
[/FONT]

c0da

Shouldn't that read "Muslims believe in all the prophets whom they believe were, in fact, prophets"? For example, I'm pretty sure that Islam doesn't recognise the Baha'u'llah as a prophet, yet many regard him as a messenger of God.

Yeah, you're right. They don't recognise me either, despite the fact that I am a highly celebrated prophet in many cultures worldwide.

egroen

Uh, wouldn't you say Muhammad is a bit more revered in Islam, than the other prophets you listed? Your statement, "without any distinction", seems a bit spurious.

-Erin