• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who is Second Coming of Jesus? Is it literally Jesus himself? Or Mirza Ghulam Ahmad?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
In the Bhagavad Gita 4:7-8, in the famous chant Krishna gives prophecy that he himself will descend every time irreligion abounds to deliver the pious ones and annihilate evil.
Yes, he can send a part of him or a part of his power to mend things. Sankaracharya, Chaitanya, Ramana Maharshi are such people. Krishna does not come as an Abrahamic. Surat Al-Kafirun - The Noble Qur'an - القرآن الكريم (that is applicable to both sides)

raph

Do you have any references directly from Bahaullah's writings that he is a prophet in the historical context and specifically the Messiah termed to be the 2nd coming of Christ?
And were any of them (Moses, Jesus, Muhammad, Bahaullah etc) to voice the utterance, “I am the Messenger of God,” He, also, speaketh the truth, the indubitable truth.

O Jews! If ye be intent on crucifying once again Jesus, the Spirit of God, put Me to death, for He hath once more, in My person, been made manifest unto you. Deal with Me as ye wish, for I have vowed to lay down My life in the path of God. I will fear no one, though the powers of earth and heaven be leagued against Me.

ameraz1

Amer
Yes, he can send a part of him or a part of his power to mend things. Sankaracharya, Chaitanya, Ramana Maharshi are such people. Krishna does not come as an Abrahamic. Surat Al-Kafirun - The Noble Qur'an - القرآن الكريم (that is applicable to both sides)

It's not logical for me that there are two Gods, an Abrahamic God and a Hindu God-- there is only one God for all the peoples and universe. Allah in Quran says that a Prophet or Warner has been sent to all peoples.

Abraham may have greater significance in Hindu mythology that one may think. Many scholars today are of the thinking that the Hindu Gods of Brahma and Sarasvati are, in fact, based on the heavenly personages of Abraham and Sara.

Surah Al-Kafirun I believe is referring to those who reject prophets and the guidance of the Lord, would be same for the times of Sri Krishna.

So, where is Krishna? If he himself has not re-appeared to save the pious ones during this Kali Yurga, then perhaps the reference was symbolic, and now it is Abrahamic (which as I stated is also part of Hinduism)

ameraz1

Amer
And were any of them (Moses, Jesus, Muhammad, Bahaullah etc) to voice the utterance, “I am the Messenger of God,” He, also, speaketh the truth, the indubitable truth.

O Jews! If ye be intent on crucifying once again Jesus, the Spirit of God, put Me to death, for He hath once more, in My person, been made manifest unto you. Deal with Me as ye wish, for I have vowed to lay down My life in the path of God. I will fear no one, though the powers of earth and heaven be leagued against Me.

Can you please provide the book & page reference.

So, if the prophetic age has ended with Muhammad (pbuh), and now is the day of the Lord with Bahaullah manifesting as God, how is Bahaullah making a claim to be the Messiah? How do you reconcile that?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
It's not logical for me that there are two Gods, an Abrahamic God and a Hindu God-- there is only one God for all the peoples and universe.

Surah Al-Kafirun I believe is referring to those who reject prophets and the guidance of the Lord, would be same for the times of Sri Krishna.

So, where is Krishna? If he himself has not re-appeared to save the pious ones during this Kali Yurga, then perhaps the reference was symbolic, and now it is Abrahamic (which as I stated is also part of Hinduism)
:) if there is logic in one God there is no less logic in a thousand Gods and Goddesses. Where does logic pop up in belief? Surah Al-Kafirun is for differing views, it does not concern itself about existence or non-existence of God/Deities. Let the Kaliyuga gather more strength, let there be more Islamic States, Taliban, Al-Qaedas, Boko Harams, Al-Shabaab, Netanyahus; as they say let the pitcher of evil fill up, then Krishna would act. There is more to come. That is why Ahmadiyyas are finding no place in Pakistan (however, they are safe in India).

"The emperor knew Kali tainted the world with his evil and so had no place in it and raised his sword once more. But Kali interceded again and begged the emperor to spare his life and allow him a place to live within his empire. Parik**** decided that Kali would live in “gambling houses, in taverns, in women of unchaste lives, in slaughtering places and in gold”. And as long as Parik**** ruled India, Kali stayed within the confines of these five places. Upon the emperor’s death, “Kali made his way to other places like wild fire and established his power throughout the length and breadth of the whole world.” Kali (demon) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

ameraz1

Amer
:) if there is logic in one God there is no less logic in a thousand Gods and Goddesses. Where does logic pop up in belief? Surah Al-Kafirun is for differing views, it does not concern itself about existence or non-existence of God/Deities. Let the Kaliyuga gather more strength, let there be more Islamic States, Taliban, Al-Qaedas, Boko Harams, Al-Shabaab, Netanyahus; as they say let the pitcher of evil fill up, then Krishna would act. There is more to come. That is why Ahmadiyyas are finding no place in Pakistan (however, they are safe in India).

"The emperor knew Kali tainted the world with his evil and so had no place in it and raised his sword once more. But Kali interceded again and begged the emperor to spare his life and allow him a place to live within his empire. Parik**** decided that Kali would live in “gambling houses, in taverns, in women of unchaste lives, in slaughtering places and in gold”. And as long as Parik**** ruled India, Kali stayed within the confines of these five places. Upon the emperor’s death, “Kali made his way to other places like wild fire and established his power throughout the length and breadth of the whole world.” Kali (demon) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pakistan is still the most populous Ahmadiyya country (est. four million). Yes, what you say of freedom in India is true and goes to its credit.

My view is that appearing Allah or Bhagwan in his grace would sent Krishna at a more timely hour so those who care can get strength from his coming and be able to fend off Kali, and have a chance to reach out to the world with the call. I think the return of Krishna should be closely tied to the unleashing of Kali.

In my thinking-- logic, rationality, consistency and historical context are important.

Unification

Many Christian and Muslims believe that signs of the latter-days have manifest or at least started to manifest. Most of the Christians and Muslims believe at some point Jesus will literally descend himself from the heavens. Adherents of the Ahmadiyya Movement in Islam assert that their founder Mirza Ghulam Ahmad is the allegorical second coming of Jesus according to prophecies in the Gospels, Quran and Islamic literature. Mainstream Christians and Muslims would disagree.

The revelation of wisdom, knowledge, truth about life has been gradually descending in forms of DNA and energy(messenger particles of light) into our conscious minds.

Unification

Yes, he will come but only after 427,000 years, i.e., towards the end of Kaliyuga. The fortunate thing is that he is not in competition with any of the scores of Abrahamic messengers, manifestations or messiahs. :)

Absolutely. Truth lies hidden between most of all the different texts beneath the literalcy. Abraham-Brahma

Unification

The revelation of wisdom, knowledge, truth about life has been gradually descending in forms of DNA and energy(messenger particles of light) into our conscious minds.

Pegasus: The white horse. Hippocampus in brain. Memory. Shift and change in consciousness. Revealing of truth discovery.

Hippocampus means sea horse, white eminence, memory.

This fulfilled the prophecy of Revelation.

The white horse is a symbol of the time of new consciousness
which will bring forth a whole new civilization.
A new world, a new age.

To bring to us an understanding of ourselves and the cosmos in which we live.

In the center of the hippocampus of the brain is
an organ called Ammons Horn.

Another name for Ammon is Amen.

In Revelation 3:14 Jesus is called the Amen.

So the Amen or Jesus rides the white horse by
being attached to the hippocampus of the brain.

The second coming is a restoration of memory concerning
who we are, where we come from and where we are going.

As lightning(energy/light) shines even from east to west (hemispheres of brain individually and hemispheres of earth collectively)

Seeing quadruple | ESA/Hubble The Einstein CROSS.

Unification

Kali (the ego/unconscious mind) has tainted the world. Mankind has been living in their ego/unconscious mind and are deceived and unaware of this.

Kali (the ego/unconscious mind) exists in women(minds) of unchaste lives, in gambling houses(a mind that gambles with lies/life) in taverns(drunkardness to lies), slaughtering places(minds that devour one another in whatever ways), and in gold(greed, material, physical world treasures). Like wildfire, the pitcher of evil has compiled in mindkind's egotistical minds.

The bibles version is satan, the snake, the serpent, the devil. (Ego/unconscious mind)

Unification

I do not agree that all books contain truth. There is a lot of falsehood around.You are denigrating Hindu beliefs. I do not expect an Abrahamic to do any differently.

The books or the way they're taught and believed? What's taught and believed in mainstream is the falsehood.

Expectations are never good.

Neither are assumptions of someone being an "Abrahamic."

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I will be against anyone denigrating Hinduism, Abrahamic or not. Have you used 'Kali' for the demon rather than 'Kāli', the mother? Seems I did not realize.

Last edited:

arthra

Baha'i

So, if the prophetic age has ended with Muhammad (pbuh), and now is the day of the Lord with Bahaullah manifesting as God, how is Bahaullah making a claim to be the Messiah? How do you reconcile that?

More precisely for us Baha'is any way, the "Prophetic Age" ended in 1260 AH (1844 CE) with the declaration of the Bab (Siyyid Ali Muhammad) in Shiraz that He was the Promised One...this declaration was made in relative privacy.. A public declaration occurred later that year in Mecca on the Haj around November 1844...He stood before the Al-Masjid al-Haram and announced His mission publically. The Bab also presented the Sharif of Mecca with a written document as to His claims. In the course of the ministry of the Bab He several times referred to "Him Whom God would make manifest". Most of the followers of the Bab recognized that this reference was to Baha'u'llah. So the Bab in this case was a Forerunner to Baha'u'llah somewhat like the ministry of John the Baptist was to Jesus Christ.

The quotation above:

"O Jews! If ye be intent on crucifying once again Jesus, the Spirit of God, put Me to death, for He hath once more, in My person, been made manifest unto you. Deal with Me as ye wish, for I have vowed to lay down My life in the path of God. I will fear no one, though the powers of earth and heaven be leagued against Me."

is found in a book "Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah" p. 346

See:

Bahá'í Reference Library - Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, Pages 101-102

Shoghi Effendi who was the descendent of both the family of the Bab and the great grandson of Baha'u'llah has further described it this way:

The Báb, acclaimed by Bahá’u’lláh as the “Essence of Essences,” the “Sea of Seas,” the “Point round Whom the realities of the Prophets and Messengers revolve,” “from Whom God hath caused to proceed the knowledge of all that was and shall be,” Whose “rank excelleth that of all the Prophets,” and Whose “Revelation transcendeth the comprehension and understanding of all their chosen ones,” had delivered His Message and discharged His mission. He Who was, in the words of ‘Abdu’l-Bahá, the “Morn of Truth” and “Harbinger of the Most Great Light,” Whose advent at once signalized the termination of the “Prophetic Cycle” and the inception of the “Cycle of Fulfillment,”

- "God Passes By" p. 412

psychoslice

Veteran Member
For me the so called second coming is within, nothing to do with anyone coming back, if your waiting for some one you will wait all your life, and wast the opportunity of being one with God, right here, and Now.

raph

Bahá'í Reference Library - Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, Pages 50-56 (It is also somewhere in Kitab-Iqan (Book of certitute) I think)

See arthra for the second one.

Baha'u'llah claims, that He has the teachings, which are necessary for this day and age. He is the messiah, because his teachings will lead humanity into the most great peace, which was prophecied in most holy books.

The All-Knowing Physician hath His finger on the pulse of mankind. He perceiveth the disease, and prescribeth, in His unerring wisdom, the remedy. Every age hath its own problem, and every soul its particular aspiration. The remedy the world needeth in its present-day afflictions can never be the same as that which a subsequent age may require. Be anxiously concerned with the needs of the age ye live in, and center your deliberations on its exigencies and requirements.
We can well perceive how the whole human race is encompassed with great, with incalculable afflictions. We see it languishing on its bed of sickness, sore-tried and disillusioned. They that are intoxicated by self-conceit have interposed themselves between it and the Divine and infallible Physician. Witness how they have entangled all men, themselves included, in the mesh of their devices. They can neither discover the cause of the disease, nor have they any knowledge of the remedy. They have conceived the straight to be crooked, and have imagined their friend an enemy.

Bahá'í Reference Library - Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, Page 213

I don't know, if He called himself the messiah, but he called himself for example the return of Christ as the Father, that Christians view as another messianic figure. He also called his day, the day of resurrection, prophecied in the Quran. The prophetic age ended, because every prophet was talking about His day. Prophets didn't talk about a future after Baha'u'llahs day. So the prophets have fulfilled their job, Muhammad was the last. And now everything the prophets ever said, is going to be gradually fulfilled.
I don't know, what you mean by reconcile. Manifestation of God does not mean, that He is literally God. It means, that we can know God by him, just as we can know the sun by its light.