• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who Or What Is Christian?

Elihoenai

For me caring about God's will is involved. Even if others do not live to be doing things in God's will, this is for me to care to do. What is shown earlier of what is revealed for that is the higher will that anything changed after from that is just compromise for us, so many do not really want to live according to what God's will would show for us. Salvation in Christ can really include this, which God means for us.
John 1:13

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Isaiah 14:12-15

12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

Every person on the planet are Born Evil Satanic Rebels Against Elohim's/God's Will. The Practice of the Cross is to Translate the Rebellious Inherited Will Towards the Will of Elohim/God. Devil/Satan Persecutes Cross Practitioners for Striving to Translate the Rebellious Will.

The Lost Keys of Freemasonry/Chapter 4

"...The seething energies of Lucifer are in his hands and before he may step onward and upward, he must prove his ability to properly apply energy. He must follow in the footsteps of his forefather, Tubal-Cain, who with the mighty strength of the war god hammered his sword into a plowshare...."

Last edited:

The Papist

To be a Christian, one must be a baptized believer in the Trinity and the Incarnation, Passion, and Resurrection of Jesus Christ. That's my understanding. I have no intention of insulting anyone's faith or commitment to Christ, but based on this definition, here's how I would answer the question "Who is Christian?"
- Catholics: Definitely.
- Orthodox: Definitely.
- Protestants: Possibly. Depends on if they are baptized and believe in the Trinity.
- Latter-Day Saints/Jehovah's Witnesses/Christian Scientists: No.

Many in these latter two groups are virtuous, loving people, who in some sense believe in Jesus Christ and are loosely referred to as Christians. But I'm going by the technical definition here. Do you think I'm wrong? I'm always open to correction. Why? Peace :)

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Yes, this is the Interpretation of every person that Knows Elohim/God is Omni. Elohim/God is the Creator of All Things. All Writing are From Elohim/God that Inspires to do Good or to do Evil. Do you have a Different Interpretation?
It is also the interpretation of everyone who believes the Quran is divine. It is also the interpretation of everyone who believes the Book of Mormon is divine. Their sacred texts inspire them to do good and avoid evil too.

My sacred texts are the Torah/Prophets/Writings (Tanakh), the Talmud, and the writings of the sages. In particular, I hold the Torah most dear. But I'm not under the illusion that it is anything other than a text written by men. I don't NEED the Torah to be divine in order to draw inspiration from it. It brings me closer to Hashem, and its study assists me in becoming a more virtuous person. That's really all I need it to be.

What your words clearly indicate is that you think that only those who agree with you about your sacred texts know God. Quite frankly, I find that incredibly arrogant. There are, in fact, many ways to know God. A person doesn't need to have any religious text at all to know God.

Elihoenai

To be a Christian, one must be a baptized believer in the Trinity and the Incarnation, Passion, and Resurrection of Jesus Christ. That's my understanding. I have no intention of insulting anyone's faith or commitment to Christ, but based on this definition, here's how I would answer the question "Who is Christian?"
- Protestants: Possibly. Depends on if they are baptized and believe in the Trinity.

Many in these latter two groups are virtuous, loving people, who in some sense believe in Jesus Christ and are loosely referred to as Christians. But I'm going by the technical definition here. Do you think I'm wrong? I'm always open to correction. Why? Peace :)
Does being member of the Roman Catholic Church automatically means that you are a Christian? Are Roman Catholic Pedophile Priests Christian? Is a Roman Catholic Pedophile Priest a Baptised believer in the Trinity and the Incarnation, Passion and Resurrection of Yeshua/Jesus Christ?

Last edited:

Elihoenai

It is also the interpretation of everyone who believes the Quran is divine. It is also the interpretation of everyone who believes the Book of Mormon is divine. Their sacred texts inspire them to do good and avoid evil too.

My sacred texts are the Torah/Prophets/Writings (Tanakh), the Talmud, and the writings of the sages. In particular, I hold the Torah most dear. But I'm not under the illusion that it is anything other than a text written by men. I don't NEED the Torah to be divine in order to draw inspiration from it. It brings me closer to Hashem, and its study assists me in becoming a more virtuous person. That's really all I need it to be.

What your words clearly indicate is that you think that only those who agree with you about your sacred texts know God. Quite frankly, I find that incredibly arrogant. There are, in fact, many ways to know God. A person doesn't need to have any religious text at all to know God.
You haven't understood a word. Elohim/God is Omni. Elohim/God is the Creator of All Things. All Writings are From Elohim/God that Inspires to do Good or to do Evil.

That's Not the same as Christians, Muslims or Mormons positions that assert that only their Sacred Book is from Elohim/God. I'm saying that Elohim/God Wrote all the Sacred books. Elohim/God Wrote the Holy Scriptures/Bible, Torah, Quran/Koran and Book of Mormon. Elohim/God Wrote All the Words on these Forums. Is that Clear enough or are you too Arrogant to listen?

PureX

Veteran Member
Who or what is a Christian?

I think it's the wrong question to ask. Better to ask, "What is Christ, to you?"

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

From your username, I assumed you'd go with the Catholic Church's definition: that a Christian is anyone who's been baptized in the proper form of baptism, regardless of what they actually believe.

IndigoChild5559

Lord of the rings "claims to be fiction". It "never claims of divine inspiration".

Your argument is common with atheists but is so flawed.
I'm not an atheist. I'm simply pointing out that the Lord of the Rings has greatly informed my conscience. You seemed to indicate that teaching good was an indication that a text was divine.

I don't think whether a text is fiction or non-fiction has any relevance whatsoever to whether it is divine, or suitable as a religious text. In fact, I think it is worth noting that there is no better medium for teaching moral and ethical values than fiction.

FWIW, although I sometimes call the LOTR "my other Bible," I don't think it is of divine origin. However, I should point out that I don't consider any religious text of divine origin -- they are all written by men.

IndigoChild5559

I think it's the wrong question to ask. Better to ask, "What is Christ, to you?"
By Christ, are you referring to the Christian Christ, the Jewish Messiah, the Muslim Al-Masih, the Zoroastrian Saoshyant, or the Baha'i Baha'u'llah?

Or are you asking who Jesus is to me?

firedragon

Veteran Member
I'm not an atheist. I'm simply pointing out that the Lord of the Rings has greatly informed my conscience. You seemed to indicate that teaching good was an indication that a text was divine.
Actually, it was not me. But still, atheist or not, your argument is flawed based on the same reasons I gave you my friend.

Elihoenai

The Lord of the Rings was an inspiration for me to do good. Does that make it a Writing from Elohim?
1 Kings 8:27

27 But will God indeed dwell on the earth? behold, the heaven and heaven of heavens cannot contain thee; how much less this house that I have builded?

Yes, Most Certainly the Writings of The Lord of the Rings are From Elohim/God. I See Elohim/God in Everything and Everywhere. As I have told you before, I Am Christian Monk that has a Different Expanded Consciousness from Normal People.

Elohim/God Is The Container! When you limit god to a tiny speck that is Limited Consciousness Man/Woman Containing the Uncontainable. The Works of Men/Women does Not and Cannot exist outside of Elohim/God. Man/Woman is an Instrument of Elohim/God regardless of whether they Realise this or Not.

Last edited:

Elihoenai

"Who Or What Is Christian?" is exactly the same as "What Is Christ To You?" What Christ is to you Determines what you Consider to be Christian. A Christian is a Follower of the Original Teachings of Yeshua Messiah/Jesus Christ and those claiming to be Christian have Different Interpretations on the Original Teachings.

PureX

Veteran Member
By Christ, are you referring to the Christian Christ, the Jewish Messiah, the Muslim Al-Masih, the Zoroastrian Saoshyant, or the Baha'i Baha'u'llah?

Or are you asking who Jesus is to me?
None of those. I was asking what Christ means to you. Because I think Christ means a lot of different things to a lot of different people that all call themselves Christian.

Ebionite

A Christian is a Follower of the Original Teachings of Yeshua Messiah/Jesus Christ
Not according to the canonical Christian texts.

Then departed Barnabas to Tarsus, for to seek Saul:
And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.
Acts 11:25-26

Ebionite

Do you think I'm wrong? I'm always open to correction. Why?
Because faith and knowledge are different things.

He shall see of the travail of his soul, [and] shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.
Isaiah 53:11

Behold, his soul [which] is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.
Yea also, because he transgresseth by wine, [he is] a proud man, neither keepeth at home, who enlargeth his desire as hell, and [is] as death, and cannot be satisfied, but gathereth unto him all nations, and heapeth unto him all people:
Habakkuk 2:4-5