• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who wants to think?

Password

God doesn't play guessing games with us. I believe the account in the Bible about Adam's creation shows God's purpose for us. He desires obedient mankind to enjoy life on earth in beautiful surroundings and enjoy a peaceful relationship with God as human sons. (Genesis 1:26-28, Luke 3:38)
Since mankind's rebellion, God has taken progressive steps to restore mankind to the happy condition Adam enjoyed before sinning. (Ephesians 1:8-10) Meanwhile, our individual existence begins when we are conceived, and there is no previous life, just as Adam's life began when God brought him to life. (Genesis 2:7) Prior to that, Adam did not exist.

Guessing game or learning game, however you would like to think of it.
How do you contemplate on understanding the first chapter of Jeremiah?

Password

In that case... surely there is a misunderstanding.

The premise is self-contradictory. If there is something of significance that I am supposed to do, then there is also a need for me to know what it is, at least in the general outlines.

Likewise, if I have no memory of some sort of previous existence, then it did not happen far as I am aware.

I can only conclude that the whole premise is wishful thinking, and that I should simply live the best I can instead. And experiment carefully with interdependent origination while I am at it.

As for "other lives", soul, God, missions, "returns"? There is really no reason to believe in any of that.

It's like your opening up without really opening up. :rolleyes:
But I'm still a fan LuisDantas.

nash8

Da man, when I walk thru!
Lets say God knew you before your birth and wanted you to come to earth and do something here to show yourself approved by Him so you could return. How would you explain by creating an explanation of the entire mission in your opinion? All you understand is that there is a God and there is something you must do. All previous knowledge before your entry sent from God was lost during your infancy years from fleshy needs and worldly knowledge.*

I don't think I was sent here to accomplish anything necessarily in order to seek God's "approval", but I do think that I was sent here to teach, in order to help God out.

I consider myself a panenthiest, so I consider all aspects of the universe to be God or at the least to be a part of God's being. So it's not so much that I am accomplishing a task for "His" approval, but more so that I am helping "Him" out.

nash8

You just said that "All previous knowledge before your entry sent from God was lost during your infancy years from fleshy needs and worldly knowledge.", therefore I wouldn't be able to explain/know my mission. Any explanation would be completely arbitrary.

So your saying that you can learn things that you didn't know before? Just because you have no knowledge of something doesn't mean that you can't gain knowledge on the subject no?

nash8

You just said that "All previous knowledge before your entry sent from God was lost during your infancy years from fleshy needs and worldly knowledge.", therefore I wouldn't be able to explain/know my mission. Any explanation would be completely arbitrary.

I don't think I said anything similar to that.

You said that you wouldn't be able to explain because you had lost all knowledge during infancy, thus indicating a lack of ability to regain the knowledge that was lost during infancy.

Lets say God knew you before your birth and wanted you to come to earth and do something here to show yourself approved by Him so you could return. How would you explain by creating an explanation of the entire mission in your opinion? All you understand is that there is a God and there is something you must do. All previous knowledge before your entry sent from God was lost during your infancy years from fleshy needs and worldly knowledge.*

As I understood the question in the OP, I haven't reacquired the knowledge I lost.

Indeed, but according to the OP, there is no restriction on regaining the knowledge that was lost during infancy, only an implication that it was lost up to a certain point.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
You said that you wouldn't be able to explain because you had lost all knowledge during infancy, thus indicating a lack of ability to regain the knowledge that was lost during infancy.

No. If I am able to remember what I forgot, I would be able to explain my mission. I took it for granted I don't remember.

Indeed, but according to the OP, there is no restriction on regaining the knowledge that was lost during infancy, only an implication that it was lost up to a certain point.

It implied I had to answer the question as of now without any knowledge on the matter, only relying on assumptions.

Last edited: