• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who will go to hell?

Who will go to hell?

• All non-theists will go to hell.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • All non-christians will go to hell.

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • All non-muslims will go to hell.

• All non-jehovah's witnesses will go to hell.

• All non-baha'is will go to hell.

• All non-westboro baptists will go to hell.

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • All non-pastafarians will go to hell.

• All non-members of my religion will go to hell.

• All the above people will go to hell.

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Hell is fiction.

Votes: 23 79.3%

• Total voters

Dao Hao Now

The last one……Hell is fiction

It’s interesting that the Westboro Baptists, Pastafarians, and “members of my religion” were left off the poll of who would go to heaven in the other thread.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Even when I was little I believed (the Christian) Hell to be fiction.

I mean, what else could it possibly be?

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
Hell was always a scare tactic when people throw it in your face. Wrongdoers, and immoral people latch onto it. Then they assume everyone is just like them, wicked and depraved and in desperate need of mercy.

Hell is also influencing well intentioned people with identity crisis of some sort.

If you need hell to be good you are probably not very good at all. The only good that truly matters is the desire to do it, the courage to stand for it, and the condemnation of truly criminal activity.

Although it's good to ask why wickedness is so prevalent in human nature. Yet the spectre of hell doesn't cause anyone to love. Doing something out of fear of being punished forever isn't goodness or love at all; it's nothing more than a guilty conscience being caught. Some wicked people feel no guilt at all though.

Who will go to hell?
Bible says:

But for the cowardly and unbelieving, and those having become foul, and murderers, and fornicators, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all the lying ones, their part will be in the Lake burning with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.
Rev. 21:8

exchemist

Veteran Member
Bible says:

But for the cowardly and unbelieving, and those having become foul, and murderers, and fornicators, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all the lying ones, their part will be in the Lake burning with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.
Except that Revelation is a sort of old man's acid trip, and thus is to be read poetically rather than literally.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
The image of hell adopted by Christianity is based on Inferno by Dante Alighieri and some of the works of Heironimus Bosch.

I find it comforting to know that when i am threatened that i will go to hell for not believing in a particular god i am being threatened with an epic poem and wonderful art.

As an aside, i have visited Solfatara and Acheron Springs, both considered the gates to Hades in pre Christian religions.

Erebus

I'm agnostic about the afterlife. I don't believe it's possible to really know if there's something waiting for us in the first place, let alone what that something might be. So maybe there is some form of hell but what it's actually like or who ends up there is anybody's guess.

Personally, I think it would be better to abandon hell beliefs entirely. Belief in heaven and belief in non-existence can at least provide people with comfort. Belief in Hell does far more harm than good as far as I can see.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Bible says:

I believe that is so unless they have repented and received Jesus as Lord and Savior.

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
I wish that "all people everywhere from every belief will go to hell" was an option.

mangalavara

हर हर महादेव
Premium Member
Who will go to hell?

As an adherent of Sanātana Dharma, I believe that there are lower worlds than this one where the inhabitants live incredibly unpleasant lives. Being reborn as one of those beings in the next life is not a matter of what religion or worldview a person holds to, rather, it is a matter of a person’s conduct. Fortunately, life in the lower worlds is temporal just like this one and even life in upper worlds.

mangalavara

हर हर महादेव
Premium Member
I wish that "all people everywhere from every belief will go to hell" was an option.

I would have to agree with that if I were a Mesopotamian polytheist. Hell is the netherworld. Of course, the person who started this thread might think it’s something else.

freelight

Soul Pioneer
Who will go to hell?

Bravo! your poll shows MOST people see 'hell' as pure fiction :) - so much for hell-fire and brimstone preaching,...which amounts to psychological abuse by some. - 'heaven' or 'hell' are conditions of consciousness, states of 'mind',.......life is what YOU make it, whether in this world or ANY world , so take responsibility for that....you are responsible for your own 'sins' and 'salvation'. Own it.

~*~*~

Last edited: