• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who won?

Who won the first presidential debate?

• Bush

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Kerry

Votes: 15 57.7%
  • Neither

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Debate? There was a debate?

Votes: 4 15.4%

• Total voters

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
I felt like Kerry was definitely the better speaker - no surprise there. I think it is tough for a debate that is as contrived and controlled as this one to swing many people from one position to another.

Lastly, I have to say that Bush strikes me as almost incapable of thinking on his feet. I understand that one should not rush to make judgements or be impulsive, but it seems as though Bush has to have somebody parse his statements into bite size packets for him. If there is one person that truly will win this election for the Republicans it is not Bush - it is Karl Rove - behind the scenes. In my opinion, he is a vindictive slimeball, but he is absolutely world class when it comes to knowing what buttons to push on the electorate.

TVOR

skills101

Vicar of Christ
Alright, here's my point of view. Both Kerry and Bush articulated their point of view very well. They are both excellent debaters, and the stuttering Bush did, i believe, was natural. However, your point of view, from what ive found, is based on who you supported prior to the debates. If you're a Bush supporter, you're gonan think Bush won, and vice versa. I believe Kerry won, and that's basically because I believe Kerry has a better plan for America. As for the undecided, the polls show that they're moving more towards Kerry. I'm sure it is going to be a very close race.

Oh and by the way, VOTE OUT THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE!!!