• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who's really right?

Many Christians today argue that Islam is incorrect. Some Christians even harass and persecute Muslims. Now, it is well known, yet incessantly denied, that Christianity is an add on to Judaism, and Islam is an add on to Christianity. But if Christians can deny Muslims the right to tolerance,the Jews can deny Christians the right to tolerance, can't they? Give your opinion. Anything goes.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Some Christians persecute and harass Muslims.
Some Muslims persecute and harass Christians.
Some Jews persecute and harass Christians.
Some Christians persecute and harass Jews.
Some Jews persecute and harass Muslims.
Some Muslims persecute and harass Jews.

The key word is "some". Most do not.

Your point is?

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
they are all mindless idiots. how about that. the vast majority of religionists are born into it and indoctrinated by their parents/or other family members into believing a certain thing, a certain way while rejecting everyting else from an early age. its a never ending cycle, everyone and their daddy passes on their BS to their own children. thankfully the nonreligious group is on the rise.

... Some of whom like to view themselves as superior and consider those who have religion but are not fundamentalists to still be fundamentalists and to call them freaks and tell them they are intellectually inferior and a bunch of dimwits.

Yeah, we should be really thankful that the people who were persecuting because of anothers' belief will now be ... persecuting because of anothers' belief and their disbelief! Really, what the hell's the difference between them?

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member
I don't really understand your phrase 'deny the right to tolerance' ?

This Jew's opinion is that Christianity and Islam are custom designed for their target audience, Christianity for the descendants of Esau and Islam for the descendants of Ishmael. Problems only arise when these two try to impose their faith on others not disposed to them.

tomasortega

the difference is, the nonreligious dont go around ******* into everyones business, justifying their political decisions/actions that affect everyone else with a devine being or inspiration...."i decided to sign this or that into law, because jesus says....the bible says......god, whom i just had a conversation with, wants me to(declare war).....etc.

the nonreligious also dont go around proselytizing, making people feel like **** for not doing this or the other thing, followed by informing them of their impending journey to eternal hell and torture.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
the difference is, the nonreligious dont go around ******* into everyones business, justifying their political decisions/actions that affect everyone else with a devine being or inspiration....
Some do. Not all religious do that, so your point isn't very good.
Considering it was a good point though, some non-religious will do things just because the masses are, or because someone they idolize does it.

"i decided to sign this or that into law, because jesus says....the bible says......god, whom i just had a conversation with, wants me to(declare war).....etc.
Some do. Not all religious do that, so your point isn't very good. If it was though, then some non-religious do it just to go with the flow.

the nonreligious also dont go around proselytizing,

making people feel like **** for not doing this or the other thing,

followed by informing them of their impending journey to eternal hell and torture.
There's no hell for the non-religious, but they still tell them about how they're wrong and idiots for it. Not all religious people believe in hell either.

Ultimately, your points aren't very good as even the non-religious can do them. I am someone who believes religion and state should be separate though.

s.gal83

I think the persecutions go both way.
Christians persecute muslims.
But muslims also persecute christians.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
I think the persecutions go both way.
Christians persecute muslims.
But muslims also persecute christians.
That's definitely right!
There's always a bad apple or two in a bunch. Best thing to do is to stop them becoming more rotten whilst we can.

logician

I don't really understand your phrase 'deny the right to tolerance' ?

This Jew's opinion is that Christianity and Islam are custom designed for their target audience, Christianity for the descendants of Esau and Islam for the descendants of Ishmael. Problems only arise when these two try to impose their faith on others not disposed to them.

Yep, that's happened a lot.

Beaudreaux

Many Christians today argue that Islam is incorrect. Some Christians even harass and persecute Muslims. Now, it is well known, yet incessantly denied, that Christianity is an add on to Judaism, and Islam is an add on to Christianity. But if Christians can deny Muslims the right to tolerance,the Jews can deny Christians the right to tolerance, can't they? Give your opinion. Anything goes.
You are all wrong. There is nothing beyond the observable and knowable.