• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who's really right?

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
The mere fact any religion could be used to justify war should speak volumes of it.

Oh, come on!

I could use the ancient rivalry of Mario and Sonic to justify a war between Sonic-fanboys (like myself) and Mario-fanatics, and it would make about as much sense as using religion to justify war. (And, in fact, would use the exact same kind of thinking.)

Vile Atheist

Loud and Obnoxious
Oh, come on!

I could use the ancient rivalry of Mario and Sonic to justify a war between Sonic-fanboys (like myself) and Mario-fanatics, and it would make about as much sense as using religion to justify war. (And, in fact, would use the exact same kind of thinking.)

Same kind of thinking, but ****tier justification because the existence of Mario and Sonic have no significant implications.

Not to mention that fandom of Mario or Sonic does not have a moral code attached with it in order to justify those actions.

Close, but not quite.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
Same kind of thinking, but ****tier justification because the existence of Mario and Sonic have no significant implications.

Not to mention that fandom of Mario or Sonic does not have a moral code attached with it in order to justify those actions.

Close, but not quite.

The point is, it's the childish "my blah blah is better than your blah blah" mode of thinking that is the root cause of those wars. Basically, children were running countries.

Vile Atheist

Loud and Obnoxious
The point is, it's the childish "my blah blah is better than your blah blah" mode of thinking that is the root cause of those wars. Basically, children were running countries.

Yes. And not an ounce of logic, evidence, or rationality in them. Now where does that enter into religion?

I can't think of much. If you can, I'd like to hear it.

So if that childish thinking is common with religion, it isn't a huge jump of the gun to make my earlier claim.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
A belief God does not exist is still a belief. And saying "I believe God does not exist" is the equivalent of "I have a non-belief in God." Non-belief is, in reality, still a belief.
This argument destroys your previous one:

You miss the point. We are all born atheistic until we are indoctrinated into the faith of our parents.
Babies are not born disbelieving God or anything else. They are born ignorant of such concepts.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
Yes. And not an ounce of logic, evidence, or rationality in them. Now where does that enter into religion?

I can't think of much. If you can, I'd like to hear it.

So if that childish thinking is common with religion, it isn't a huge jump of the gun to make my earlier claim.

Exactly. It has nothing to do with religion.

Just like the crusades, etc., in reality had nothing to do with religion.

ThisisZAK

Not at all, considering that his assertion was incorrect. However, it is interesting that you relate belief with being a blind, ignorant sheep.

Yes! that's what atheists' definition of the word 'Belief'...

Since atheists are also somehow believers... so they fall in their own definition!

:clap

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
There is no right way and there will never be one. There is no one truth either. The way it is, everything changes, so what is right today will not be so tomorrow. There are many paths one could follow. I prefer the scenic route myself. Don't be fooled by those who say "follow this path" or "this is the right belief or religion", for it will likely not be the right way for you. I believe spirituality (or non-spirituality however you take it) to be a personal journey. We are after all, individuals.

Last edited:

AlsoAnima

Friend
Many Christians today argue that Islam is incorrect. Some Christians even harass and persecute Muslims. Now, it is well known, yet incessantly denied, that Christianity is an add on to Judaism, and Islam is an add on to Christianity. But if Christians can deny Muslims the right to tolerance,the Jews can deny Christians the right to tolerance, can't they? Give your opinion. Anything goes.

I assert that you don't exist because I have no physical evidence to prove you do. Therefore your question is invalid. :yes:

Seriously though. The premise is flawed, no group has the right to deny another group it's practices. The exception being if the group being denied's practices are harmful to human beings.

If that's the case, your God is an absolute ***.
If that were the case, I'd be forced to agree with you, my good chum. ^_^