• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why am I always getting Insulted on the internet for being Italian ?

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
You should try being British, or just English.

Just stop telling people you are Italian, if you actually are. If you are not Italian but living in the US or Canada or somewhere and merely have Italian heritage, please do Italians a favour and stop co-opting their culture and saying you are Italian. This could be why some people are having a problem.

I think it's still tasteless to insult someone for saying they're Italian even if they live in another country. Rami Malek and Mina Massoud are widely seen as Egyptian despite living almost their whole lives elsewhere, for example.

This doesn't mean that, say, an Italian American or Italian Canadian has the exact same culture and experiences as an Italian who has lived most or all of their life in Italy, of course, but it generally strikes me as petty and narrow-minded to be so offended by someone's claim to a significant part of their ethnic heritage that one feels the need to insult them.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I don't get it it's like there's some massive group of people always ready to insult me for being Italian on the internet saying that Italians aren't white I mean why are they obsessed with being white and gatekeeping who is and isn't White ? There's probably something to do with psychology here but I ain't getting it.
My nana, born in Sicily, was shipped alone to Ellis Island at the age of 11. Be a proud Italian - some people are just jealous and take it out on you.

Banach-Tarski Paradox

I don't get it it's like there's some massive group of people always ready to insult me for being Italian on the internet saying that Italians aren't white I mean why are they obsessed with being white and gatekeeping who is and isn't White ? There's probably something to do with psychology here but I ain't getting it.

There’s nothing wrong with being Italian. And there’s nothing wrong with being proud of your culture.

But arguing with white separatists on the internet is an acquired taste.

Fortunately, you get to pick and choose when to engage these folks, and when not to.

This applies to lots of stuff.

Don’t argue with homophobes if being called gay bothers you, either.

We’re hoping to visit Italy next year.

I haven’t checked it, but rumor has it that the Vatican will be open to visitors.

This is how Colombia welcomed Papa Francisco on his first visit back in 2017. Pope Francis had been refusing to visit until people start laying down their guns and turning swords into plowshares.

So they did.

Doy El Primer Paso

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
If you're on the internet, you will be insulted.
Any personal trait they believe you have will
be the basis.
Some things I've been insulted for being....
Old
White
Capitalist
Atheist
Empathy challenged.
Autistic
Dishonest
Stupid
Wealthy
Anti-semitic
Prolific
The list goes on.

Take my approach....
Accept that those who insult without good
cause are intellectually & emotionally immature.
Or just plain mean.
Don't take such ravings personally.
But it is an opportunity to have an enjoyable
flame war....just for fun.

Last edited:

Viker

Häxan
Italians are awesome.

You need to find some new associates. Quit hanging around riff raff from the internet.