• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are Atheists on Religiousforums?

FunctionalAtheist

Hammer of Reason
To annoy religionists?
To become religionists?
Because religion is one of the most offensive and backward thinking ideologies there is. There is nothing in this world that could be more valuable than understanding why people hold on to these backward ideas. Don't get me wrong, I understand HOW people have these deprecating views, but I wish to understand what it is that makes it so hard to shed the cultural dogmas that threaten to destroy the world.

Reactions: skl

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
What do atheists want to gain from religiousforums? Just asking. Iam curious.

In all honesty, I think there might be as many answers to that question as their are atheists, but curiosity is probably high on the list for a lot of people. If most of the world believed differently than you did about something like the existence of deity, wouldn't you be curious why they thought that way? What deity meant to them? etc.

As for myself, I've had a life long curiosity about religion going back to my childhood.

I also think you can learn a lot about how people reason by participating in an internet forum, regardless of the forum's predominant topic.

Servant_of_the_One1

Because religion is one of the most offensive and backward thinking ideologies there is. There is nothing in this world that could be more valuable than understanding why people hold on to these backward ideas. Don't get me wrong, I understand HOW people have these deprecating views, but I wish to understand what it is that makes it so hard to shed the cultural dogmas that threaten to destroy the world.

:D

U do ur nickname great honor!