• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are homeless people in Edmonton always on bicycles ?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
No one ever talks about this so I'm taking about it.

I don't know about Edmonton, but I don't see many homeless on bicycles where I'm at. Mostly, they stand on street corners, or some might be sleeping on bus benches. There have been encampments in the past, one of which was in a city park that was recently cleared by the authorities. There's another one in an unsettled area near the Air Force Base. A few might have bicycles, and there are some who still have their cars and live out of their car.

Massimo2002

I don't know about Edmonton, but I don't see many homeless on bicycles where I'm at. Mostly, they stand on street corners, or some might be sleeping on bus benches. There have been encampments in the past, one of which was in a city park that was recently cleared by the authorities. There's another one in an unsettled area near the Air Force Base. A few might have bicycles, and there are some who still have their cars and live out of their car.
I never see anything that you are talking about. I just always see homeless people on bicycles and occasionally in bus stop huts.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Are you begrudging the homeless from having even minor transportation of their own? Are you saying they need to be totally impoverished, and perhaps at most have a shopping cart for their handful of belongings?

What exactly is your issue with homeless having bicycles?

Massimo2002

Are you begrudging the homeless from having even minor transportation of their own? Are you saying they need to be totally impoverished, and perhaps at most have a shopping cart for their handful of belongings?

What exactly is your issue with homeless having bicycles?
They are threatening to me with there annoying bicycles.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I never see anything that you are talking about. I just always see homeless people on bicycles and occasionally in bus stop huts.

I see a lot of people on bicycles, although it's hard to tell if they're homeless or not. I've seen a few people on bicycles who might look homeless, sometimes carrying huge bags full of aluminum cans - although that doesn't mean they're actually homeless.

VoidCat

Use any and all pronouns including neo and it/it's
Im so confused as to the issue with having a bicycle and being homeless. Are you jealous they have a bike and you don't? How is it threatening?

Im not being harsh here. Just puzzled

VoidCat

Use any and all pronouns including neo and it/it's
Puzzled question:
I can't drive due to disability at the moment.

Would it be threatening for me to ride a bike near you?

Im not homeless. But I live in a group home for disabled folk. And am around $4,000 in debt(I'll pay it eventually but for now that's the case). I dont always look the best many of my clothes are old years old and too small. I've only recently started getting new clothes