• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are most of the comments and discussions in YouTube comments sections so terrible and immature ?

Massimo2002

Is it a problem with YouTube itself or the people that YouTube attracts or is the problem both ? It would be great if YouTube comments were as serious and intelligent as the comments and discussions here.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Is it a problem with YouTube itself or the people that YouTube attracts or is the problem both ? It would be great if YouTube comments were as serious and intelligent as the comments and discussions here.
My first thought is; what kind of videos are you watching?

I watch a lot of YouTube and read a lot of comments, and most of the comments I've seen are pretty friendly and polite.

mangalavara

हर हर महादेव
Premium Member
My first thought is; what kind of videos are you watching?

I watch a lot of YouTube and read a lot of comments, and most of the comments I've seen are pretty friendly and polite.

In my experience, videos that are meant to supply sound for relaxation, healing, and the like have got almost nothing but positive and kind comments underneath them.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
YouTube content is highly guided by an evolving algorithm that gauges our interests and stances.

We can, in fact, directly instruct it to hide specific channels and even ads from us. It is also aware of which videos we chose to "save for later" and attempts to extrapolate new content that could be of interest from those.

In a sense, it aims to both understand our mindsets and challenge our habits to a very specific level that results in our maximum usage of the plataform. That may include a certain level of conflict.

Massimo2002

YouTube content is highly guided by an evolving algorithm that gauges our interests and stances.

We can, in fact, directly instruct it to hide specific channels and even ads from us. It is also aware of which videos we chose to "save for later" and attempts to extrapolate new content that could be of interest from those.

In a sense, it aims to both understand our mindsets and challenge our habits to a very specific level that results in our maximum usage of the plataform. That may include a certain level of conflict.
Sounds like a robot.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner

Then why does it keep getting me wrong and sending me RW garbage?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I rarely bother with the comments, but I haven't seen this either. Maybe because I'm pretty fussy about letting TrashTube waste my time. I didn't dive into TrashTube in any significant way until the pandemic hit. Then I discovered the realm of ... well... I call it TrashTube here for a reason. There's a lot of it, and the algorithms seem to shove you towards it unless you know better. It's weird.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Anonymity brings out the best in people...

Actually it provides a much more realistic view of their souls.