• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

why are so many people leaving

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
A lot of people think of the RF as an addiction. I am really sad when someone I really like and/or admire leaves permanently- but I guess I can understand why. (A lot of people I really like and/or admire have left, too.)

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
well why what is that 4 this week? Are we all.transfering to the forum with cash.reward
Just stopped by to glance at the threads... If you want an honest answer, it is because the threads over the last few weeks have been mind-numbingly boring. Plus, it's summer and everyone has better things to do.

ratikala

Istha gosthi
Just stopped by to glance at the threads... If you want an honest answer, it is because the threads over the last few weeks have been mind-numbingly boring. Plus, it's summer and everyone has better things to do.

hate to say , but I have to agree !
and the tendancy for people to argue their point with total inflexibility seems to be increasing ?
it is allmost impossible to have a constructive conversation , without it turning into a fight ???
it allmost seems that some people make a sport out of agressive debating ?

I havent officialy left but at present I am off looking for other sites , I check back in hope , but many of the people whos contributions I realy enjoyed (in my area of interest)must allso have gone on very long holidays or are allso posting elsewhere ?

Cassiopia

Sugar and Spice
As a relative newcomer here I can say this place can be a little cliquey and difficult to break into. Some of the threads are a bit repetitive (how many more ways are there to re-hash the same debates about creationism and evolution?)
But overall I would say it is faring better than most comparable sites, and summer is always a very quiet time on the net.

Renji

It's just that I've been out of the forum for a while and folks here miss my self depricating and ego centric ( paradoxical, but you know folks have different views on my style of posting) threads. Now that I,m here already, they'll come back eventually! :p jk

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
As a relative newcomer here I can say this place can be a little cliquey and difficult to break into. Some of the threads are a bit repetitive (how many more ways are there to re-hash the same debates about creationism and evolution?)
But overall I would say it is faring better than most comparable sites, and summer is always a very quiet time on the net.

Your observations are correct. The thing is, I believe you are being successful at becoming a regular around here. Learning your way around this place does take some time. Things do kick in better after summer is over.

RF is not for everyone, but we all can learn much from each other.

Many of us have evolved over the years and that could not have happened without our members diversity, patience, and mutual respect.

One thing for certain, any viewpoint in this forum gets a real life test here if you debate much at all. Our members here keep each other honest and do not let much false data slide.

turk179

I smell something....
I never leave. I just float around in limbo till it is time to make an appearance. And that time is coming very soon.....what? It just happened? So anticlimactic.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Hello I dont think we have meet. Nice to meet you welcome back

gnomon

well why what is that 4 this week? Are we all.transfering to the forum with cash.reward

Because you smell funny.

If you would only appreciate the basics of modern hygiene perhaps this wouldn't happen!

You ever think about that.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
I've posted far worse over many years on this forum.

Stick around. It get's interesting sometimes.

Sometimes this forum makes some sense.

I fill my pockets with posies so no one gets sick and to cover the scent.