• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are you here on this forum?

Call_of_the_Wild

Regardless of ones religious orientation or lack of one, how did you find yourself here on this forum? I know personally I guess I've been poisoned. I was raised a fundamentalist christian which I no longer consider myself, yet it instilled in me a desire to know who god was and what the purpose of all this is. I would say my upbringing ignited a fire in me which hasn't been put out and it's taken me though many approaches: christianity, gnosticism, sufism, Hinduism, Gurdjieff, magic and the occult...and I've got a feeling I'm not done yet. I don't know where i stand exactly as regards to faith but i haven't given up on god, hope he hasn't given up on me.:)

To defend my religion and world view

Sgloom

just for fun. religion is an interesting topic for me. and there seems to be alot of cool people here. i enjoy reading the debates and learning more about various religions.

GabrielWithoutWings

Regardless of ones religious orientation or lack of one, how did you find yourself here on this forum? I know personally I guess I've been poisoned. I was raised a fundamentalist christian which I no longer consider myself, yet it instilled in me a desire to know who god was and what the purpose of all this is. I would say my upbringing ignited a fire in me which hasn't been put out and it's taken me though many approaches: christianity, gnosticism, sufism, Hinduism, Gurdjieff, magic and the occult...and I've got a feeling I'm not done yet. I don't know where i stand exactly as regards to faith but i haven't given up on god, hope he hasn't given up on me.:)

I originally joined as a seeker. I guess I still am.

I'm not sure why I'm still here. I don't really relate to anyone on this board.

Every so often I'll find a topic that interests me.

Daviso452

Boy Genius
To defend my religion and world view

What strategies do you use to accomplish this? Do you state scientific facts? Do you list bible verses? Do you ask what others believe? It's very important how you go about defending your belief, because some (like bible quotes) are useless because they come from unproven sources.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

The fact that you 'hope' shows God has not given up on You.

'On this forum' because it is a 'religious education forum' that I think has a 'great format' on which to post how special and important I think others are in God's sight. [1st Peter 5v7]

For you arcanum please notice 2nd Chronicles [15v2] because there Scripture says if we seek God [YHWH], he will be found by You......
see also 1st Chronicles 28v9.

James [4v8] states to draw close to God and he will draw close to You.
Draw close by preparing our hearts to seek God. [2nd Chron.19v3; 30v19]
We prepare our hearts through prayer and Scripture. [Luke 11v13 B]
Zephaniah [2v3] wrote there are conditions to be met on our part in that we are to seek Jehovah God, seek righteousness, and seek humbleness or meekness.

Best regards to you.

Wannabe Yogi

Regardless of ones religious orientation or lack of one, how did you find yourself here on this forum?

I like to see if my views are rational and can be defended. I have been told there are 3 things you can't talk about in polite society. Religion, politics and sex.
Those are the most fun things to debate.

Daviso452

Boy Genius
I like to see if my views are rational and can be defended. I have been told there are 3 things you can't talk about in polite society. Religion, politics and sex.
Those are the most fun things to debate.

Let's try that out. Do you accept everything in your religion based on faith? Or are there parts you can back up?

Wannabe Yogi

Let's try that out. Do you accept everything in your religion based on faith? Or are there parts you can back up?

Good question, take the Hindu belief in reincarnation. I have no personal proof that it is true. So It is not really a part of my daily belief system. I don't worry about it. My sect of Hinduism teaches that ultimately all is ONE and separateness is what causes suffering. So in reality even reincarnation is an illusion of the mind. The unity of all can be backed up pretty well.

My belief system has much more to do with the daily practice of being less selfish and my mediative practice as becoming a better person. In this area I am able to say I have made some progress so the Hindu practices I use work. I can back them up well. The people around me (many non Hindus) from watching me also believe that they work. The proof is in the pudding.

Last edited:

Hi arcanum, nice to meet u
I like your thread

I m here to meet people seeking for God

Hi arcanum, i hope you 'll find the right way
I know everyone says my religion is the right one!!! and God told us *about people who dare each other about that
But i tell you :
1)it's a promess from God to people who are seeking for Him that He will lead them to Him
2)if 50 tv channels report an incident (for example boat sank) every channel diffuse a reason of sinking
Imagine 50 different stories! however you r sure one channel only says the truth ,do u agree?
3)the answer is verry simple and obvious
The answer is inside you!!!!
God created us with a commun sense or (nature upright)
Everybody has this commun sense which is a balance that makes us know the truth
For expl 4+5=9
good is better than evil.....etc
If someone says 4+5=34 or evil is better than good ,You cant convince him coz
*he is going againt the commun sense*
Next time i'll continu ok bay