• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are you not enlightened?

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friends,
It is with sincereity and full understanding can state that every human being is enlightened BUT everyone does not know that as a fact?
Those who know they are enlightened, kindly share your enlightenment with others; so that they too know what and how they missed.
Those who are not enlightened; do state why? so that others may guide you or point out where you missed.
Lets all party here!
Cheers!
Love & rgds

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
We are both enlightened and unenlightened. There are no separations between the "I" and "not-I" except where we define them. But definition is reality, and even the most illusory concept is a part of our existence.

We are as we are. We aren't as we aren't. In those moments in between habitual motion and mundane sensation when our minds gloriously glitch and we glimpse ourselves in the stark mystical wonderment of Godly "isness" (This Is It! as Alan Watts so astutely remarked) we are enlightened to the awareness that we are the Universe.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
doppelgänger;1219997 said:
I am not enlightened because this sentence started with the word "I."

which nullifies the validity of the post I was about to make; thanks!:p

Friends,
It is with sincereity and full understanding can state that every human being is enlightened BUT everyone does not know that as a fact?
Those who know they are enlightened, kindly share your enlightenment with others; so that they too know what and how they missed.
Those who are not enlightened; do state why? so that others may guide you or point out where you missed.
Lets all party here!
Cheers!
Love & rgds
Well, I am obviously not enlightened; but I am a heck of a lot more enlightened now (coming on to 60) than I was at 18. How did I get to where I am, by sufferring (in many cases), and learning from those..............

Last edited:

Cacafire

Why am I not enlightened?

Because I fail to see myself in everything, as I still think of things as seperate from myself. Duality, she's a b**ch, all right.

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
I'm not enlightened because I have yet to realise the cessation of suffering through the elimination of habitual attachment.

I am not enlightened because I still suffer from the fallacy that I am a permanent entity and not a process.

I am not enlightened because I do not yet see the impermanence in all things.

I am not enlightened because I still fear death.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
This thread makes me feel stupid. I don't get what we are talking about...... :(

Ironically, feeling stupid and admitting you don't get it are two prerequisites for Enlightment 101. (at least, that's what my invisible guidance counceller told me).

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
You were until you said that (heehee, isn't this a fun class?).

Okay... I'm a stupid idiot moron, and I don't know anything. I'm not enlightened, because I don't even know if that's a word. I don't even know if any of these buttons I'm pushing are producing words... I don't even know what I'm doing right now, and if this turns out to say something, it will be miraculous.

Hows about that?

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Okay... I'm a stupid idiot moron, and I don't know anything. I'm not enlightened, because I don't even know if that's a word. I don't even know if any of these buttons I'm pushing are producing words... I don't even know what I'm doing right now, and if this turns out to say something, it will be miraculous.

Hows about that?

Now you're just showing off. :rolleyes: