• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are you not enlightened?

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Cacafire,
Because I fail to see myself in everything, as I still think of things as seperate from myself. Duality, she's a b**ch, all right.

Understanding that this is DUALITY is a good begining. Rest will happen on its own.
Love & rgds

tomspug

Absorbant
Enlightenment is relative, circumstantial, and quantitative. It is never absolute, unless infinity is a myth.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend TurkeyOnRye,
I am not enlightened because I still attach myself to the past and future, I don't always live in the moment and above all, perhaps, I've made enlightenment into a goal.
Yes, need to get hold of that MIND. can seee him driving you. Just tell him you can't afford a driver and will self drive, NOW onwards. just by saying and doing it, should do the job.
Love & rgds

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Charity,
I will be enlightened as soon as I can find that switch plate on the wall....
Oops tripped ! :thud:
Some people prefer to remain "in the dark" because they have no quest for knowledge except what is easily obtained. If they have to go out of their comfort zone they would prefer to stay oblivious to new knowledge. If you want answers to questions then you have to search...........then you are enlightened

You are enlightened, my friend.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Phasmid,
I don't know if I'm enlightened, since I don't know what it is... but for some reason the word enlightenment appears yellow and tastes like lemon.
A truthful approach - will take one to TRUTH surely.
Is yellow, really yellow? or do we percieve it only as yellow because .........?
Love & rgds

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
Friend Halycon,
[ It will go as soon as the above two are realised]
Keep going! Looking for answeres is like well begun is half done!
Love & rgds
That's the problem though, for me anyway, understanding something is easy, realising something is very hard.
If you have a method for realising such truths I'd be glad to hear it.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Haycon,
That's the problem though, for me anyway, understanding something is easy, realising something is very hard.
If you have a method for realising such truths I'd be glad to hear it.
All answeres are HERE-NOW. Preparation takes time and someday even without realising it you will be HERE-NOW. Desiring It is also a desire!. Do Nothing [not even thinking]. If one can do that conciously it is HERE-NOW.
Love & rgds

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't know if I'm enlightened, since I don't know what it is... but for some reason the word enlightenment appears yellow and tastes like lemon.

They call it mellow yellow (quite right).

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Im enlightened...

Because I know Im not..

Its a circle..

More or less enlightiened is a better phrase...But then who gets to be the judge?

Its a race..Like RUN FOR THE BORDER....the ones "more enlightened" realize that..

Love

Dallas

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Dallas Apple,
Here Enlightenment was meant akin to Satori and you are right there.
Once the state of nirvana is reached meaning all the dark corridors of the unconcious are also in the concious zone then there are no more borders to rumn to. All running is over.
love & rgds

Darkwater

All answers lead to better questions,once you have all the answers you just get better questions.......the more enlightened,the deeper you can be dropped into the void,

scarper..wheeeeeeeeee

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
Friends,
It is with sincereity and full understanding can state that every human being is enlightened BUT everyone does not know that as a fact?
Those who know they are enlightened, kindly share your enlightenment with others; so that they too know what and how they missed.
Those who are not enlightened; do state why? so that others may guide you or point out where you missed.
Lets all party here!
Cheers!
Love & rgds

Why am I not enlightened?

Because I'm not.

I imagine many other people will have the same answer

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Friend Dallas Apple,
Here Enlightenment was meant akin to Satori and you are right there.
Once the state of nirvana is reached meaning all the dark corridors of the unconcious are also in the concious zone then there are no more borders to rumn to. All running is over.
love & rgds

Hmm...so like you live in your nightmare..but also your dream? And you realize that..and thats something you embrace?

Love

Dallas

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
All answers lead to better questions,once you have all the answers you just get better questions.......the more enlightened,the deeper you can be dropped into the void,

scarper..wheeeeeeeeee

The void...

That sounds like a ride at Six Flags! :yes:

Love

Dallas

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
OH..I forgot..Another reason Im not enlightened?

Im guilty ...I wear one of those black mask at night when I sleep...So the VCR and phones dont light the whole room up blinding me keeping me up!

BUT that makes me in fact enlightened in a dark way..The void way..

Love
Dallas

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Darkwater,

scarper..wheeeeeeeeee

Thats the journey from satori to nirvana.
Love & rgds