• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why choosing either darkness or light instead of balance?

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
I'm not even sure the concepts can be made meaningful for everyone, personally. The Jungian (and LHP, I assume) concepts of "shadow" and "darkness" seem to rely on quite a lot of pre-existent, largely undescribed and perhaps all-out mysterious and even unacknowledged baggage to even exist.
Speaking of Jung, I just bought some books of collections of Jung's articles. I'm not sure where to post threads on Jungian discussions. I was thinking in the Mysticism DIR, but if the LHP folks would like to participate in those kinds of threads, I can post them here.

Orias

Left Hand Path
X & R, It would depend on what was being taught.

What is X & R?

And sure, but at the same time it doesn't matter whats being taught. If you are a black belt you will compete against other black belts, thus you you either learn from them and get better or you don't.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Darkness and light can never be balanced because there will always be more that is unknown than that which is known. The Left-Hand Pather is "naturally" attracted to the Darkness because of his sense and fascination with that which is the unknown. What illuminates the Path of Darkness is the knowledge and understanding that the magician has accumulated in his life's journey of gathering the gems of undefiled wisdom.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

agorman

Premium Member
Darkness and light can never be balanced because there will always be more that is unknown than that which is known...
/Adramelek\

I see. So you LHP guys are like the worshippers of Nephthys, the sister of Isis, who can never be fully known because it represents mystery itself. Instead of fear of the unknown, you have a fascination for it. That's admirable. :bow:

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
I see. So you LHP guys are like the worshippers of Nephthys, the sister of Isis, who can never be fully known because it represents mystery itself. Instead of fear of the unknown, you have a fascination for it. That's admirable. :bow:

On that perilous bridge between cosmic awe and cosmic horror.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Speaking of Jung, I just bought some books of collections of Jung's articles. I'm not sure where to post threads on Jungian discussions. I was thinking in the Mysticism DIR, but if the LHP folks would like to participate in those kinds of threads, I can post them here.

Do it!

Toss your cell phone into your bedroom, and try finding it with the lights off. Now turn the light on. Which do you prefer; the stumbling in darkness or the seeing in the light?

agorman

Premium Member
Toss your cell phone into your bedroom, and try finding it with the lights off. Now turn the light on. Which do you prefer; the stumbling in darkness or the seeing in the light?

I meant I admire people who aren't afraid to look for the lost cellphone in bedroom places that the lights don't reach. I suppose Lucifer would bring you a torch?

Premium Member
I meant I admire people who aren't afraid to look for the lost cellphone in bedroom places that the lights don't reach. I suppose Lucifer would bring you a torch?

I have my own torch, thank you very much :)

nash8

Da man, when I walk thru!

My personal LHP ideology is being able to toss your cell phone into your dark bedroom, and not have to stumble around to find it, but rather be able to find it intuitively, in what ever way(s) you qualify intuition.

Lucifer is the light that let's you see in the dark, no torch neccesary, unless you count the torch in your mind.

Premium Member
My personal LHP ideology is being able to toss your cell phone into your dark bedroom, and not have to stumble around to find it, but rather be able to find it intuitively, in what ever way(s) you qualify intuition.

Lucifer is the light that let's you see in the dark, no torch neccesary, unless you count the torch in your mind.

I can agree, but development of that intuition would be light. I guess no matter how you find your phone it's light, assuming you have made it easier than stumbling around in the dark. For example, you could simply call your phone, the idea to do so being the light.

As to Lucifer, to me the title is very specifically light-bearer, not simply light.

Orias

Left Hand Path
Intuition doesn't require dark or light, because intuition isn't considered to be among the traditional senses.

Reminds me of a book I am reading now called "The Dictionary of Dreams - 1000 Dreams Interpreted", just in the preface it concludes that for every material object in the world there is an ethereal counterpart. An example would be our material bodies possessing an ethereal spirit or soul.

nash8

Da man, when I walk thru!
I can agree, but development of that intuition would be light. I guess no matter how you find your phone it's light, assuming you have made it easier than stumbling around in the dark. For example, you could simply call your phone, the idea to do so being the light.

As to Lucifer, to me the title is very specifically light-bearer, not simply light.

And within any of those ideas you are still using some form of LHP ideal in my opinion, whether it be logical acuity by calling your phone, or "special powers" such intuition or and/or remote viewing.

Nooo! That would be cheating! :D

That's not cheating, that's the entire point of venturing into the darkness in the first place in my opinion. To promote the development some type of ability that promotes self empowerment. If the lights are always on, theres no reason to try to develop abilities, but then when the power goes out whose gonna be able to find their phone without bumping into the nightstand. ;)

Intuition doesn't require dark or light, because intuition isn't considered to be among the traditional senses.

In the literal sense no, but I would argue that some more esoteric forms of intuition use the literal definition of light, just in unique ways.

But I was more refering to light in the symbolic representation of knowledge. If your in the darkness you have to gain knowledge(light) of how to find your phone without using the literal interpretation of light.

[/quote] Reminds me of a book I am reading now called "The Dictionary of Dreams - 1000 Dreams Interpreted", just in the preface it concludes that for every material object in the world there is an ethereal counterpart. An example would be our material bodies possessing an ethereal spirit or soul.[/quote]

Sounds kinda like the biophoton quantum holographic matrix.
new illuminati: The Biophotonic Quantum Holographic Matrix

And on a side note and a threadjack, what does your book say about killing someone in your dreams. I had the weirdest dream where I killed someone last night.