• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Didn’t God Create That Special Man For Today’s World?

Jimmy

Veteran Member
Christians, if God was going to make a special man, that had the power to resurrect himself from death and who will come again to establish a new heaven and a new earth, why would he have made him 2000 years ago? Don’t you think he would’ve made him living, amongst us, in the real world right now?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Christians, if God was going to make a special man, that had the power to resurrect himself from death and who will come again to establish a new heaven and a new earth, why would he have made him 2000 years ago? Don’t you think he would’ve made him living, amongst us, in the real world right now?
I think it's good time for Christians to really just step up to reality rather than pretending something dead or non existant is alive.

The Papist

That's a fair question. As a Christian, I believe in the "divine pedagogy," that is, the idea that God gradually reveals more about himself to man, with the final and definitive revelation coming in the person of Jesus Christ. Why God chose to incarnate at that place and that time is an interesting hypothetical question, and not one that Scripture or Tradition gives a definitive answer to. I do think that any generation could ask that very same thing. I suppose if the question behind the question is, "Why does God expect us to believe in someone who ascended into heaven two millennia ago?" I would simply say that there is abundant evidence from modern-day miracles that Christ really lived.

For example, every time a saint is canonized, there must be two miraculous healings certified by licensed doctors. The Vatican is very precise about ensuring that these miracles cannot be explained by natural causes and routinely rules out miracle claims that have a natural explanation. Thousands of saints have been canonized in recent years, meaning there are thousands of scientifically documented cases of inexplicable healing as a result of saintly intercession, many of them recorded by non-Christian doctors. My point is, God is still giving plenty of signs that He is real, that He became incarnate in Christ, and that the Catholic Church is His Church.

What do you think of this answer? Hope I portrayed your question accurately; let me know if I didn't. Peace! :)

Jimmy

Veteran Member
That's a fair question. As a Christian, I believe in the "divine pedagogy," that is, the idea that God gradually reveals more about himself to man, with the final and definitive revelation coming in the person of Jesus Christ. Why God chose to incarnate at that place and that time is an interesting hypothetical question, and not one that Scripture or Tradition gives a definitive answer to. I do think that any generation could ask that very same thing. I suppose if the question behind the question is, "Why does God expect us to believe in someone who ascended into heaven two millennia ago?" I would simply say that there is abundant evidence from modern-day miracles that Christ really lived.

For example, every time a saint is canonized, there must be two miraculous healings certified by licensed doctors. The Vatican is very precise about ensuring that these miracles cannot be explained by natural causes and routinely rules out miracle claims that have a natural explanation. Thousands of saints have been canonized in recent years, meaning there are thousands of scientifically documented cases of inexplicable healing as a result of saintly intercession, many of them recorded by non-Christian doctors. My point is, God is still giving plenty of signs that He is real, that He became incarnate in Christ, and that the Catholic Church is His Church.

What do you think of this answer? Hope I portrayed your question accurately; let me know if I didn't. Peace! :)
I think there’s a big difference between a saint and God in the flesh though. Thanks for your answer. Furthermore, why aren’t these grand miracles on the nightly news?

The Papist

I think there’s a big difference between a saint and God in the flesh though. Thanks for your answer. Furthermore, why aren’t these grand miracles on the nightly news?
Thanks for the follow-up! I guess the gist of my point was that the idea of saints and the concept of intercession of saints is part of the Christian faith and would seem to confirm Christianity (and Catholicism specifically in my mind). Interestingly, there has been some coverage of St Carlo Acutis' recent canonization. If you're interested, there's a great book by a secular scientist named Jacalyn Duffin about these healing cases. It's called "Medical Miracles."

Peace! :)

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Christians, if God was going to make a special man, that had the power to resurrect himself from death and who will come again to establish a new heaven and a new earth, why would he have made him 2000 years ago?
I don't believe God made Him 2000 years ago. I believe he came in the 19th century and His name was Baha'u'llah.
Jesus Christ was never slated by God to come again to establish a new heaven and a new earth.
Jesus said that His work was finished here and He was no more in the world (John 14:19, John 16:10, John 17:4, John 17:11).
Don’t you think he would’ve made him living, amongst us, in the real world right now?
Baha'u'llah was living in the world amongst us, in the 19th century.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Why would you assume to know better then God?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Why would you assume that Jesus Christ is the special man who will come again to establish a new heaven and a new earth?
No idea why you would assume that I would assume that Jesus Christ is the special man who will come again to establish a new heaven and a new earth...

TransmutingSoul

May God's Will be Done
Premium Member
God did give us the Special Messengers for this age, were given a bonus two instead of one.

The question could be why do very few people see that?

Regards Tony

Nowadays censorship is harder, maybe it was easier to go against medical industry complex back then. :D

I think the reason why it happened 2000 years ago was that it was then the best moment to establish the new covenant, after the people had broken the older one.