• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why didn't Britain get a Prophet

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Sur Fatir, Ch. 35, Verse 24 "There is not a nation or a tribe…there has never been a nation or a people, to whom a warner has not been sent"

The Qur’an says

Surah Raad, Ch.13, Verse 7 "And to every nation and to every people have we sent a guide".

What happened ? did our one get lost?

Antibush5

Well, we did get one, its just nobody really bothered to listen to him, because otherwise they would be late for the bus to work.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Too many variables. Maybe Britain wasn't considered a nation by the Quran for whatever reason. Maybe it had one (or several) warners and guides and they are not recognized as such.

For all I know, Churchill may have been the warner and guide. I've seen far stranger ideas presented.

tomato1236

Ninja Master
The book of mormon suggests that God spoke to many/all nations. I've also wondered if there are more records out there.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Too many variables. Maybe Britain wasn't considered a nation by the Quran for whatever reason. Maybe it had one (or several) warners and guides and they are not recognized as such.

For all I know, Churchill may have been the warner and guide. I've seen far stranger ideas presented.

Churchill never claimed to be sent by God although he did warn about the Nazis

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Anthropology suggests that those verses indicate who should be recognized as a "people" and that it is reaching to assume that it applies to those that are disliked or unknown.

kai

ragamuffin
Anthropology suggests that those verses indicate who should be recognized as a "people" and that it is reaching to assume that it applies to those that are disliked or unknown.

are you suggesting the British are disliked? :D

Smoke

Done here.
Britain produced the author of The Cloud of Unknowing, Julian of Norwich, George Fox, Mother Ann Lee, John Wesley, William Blake, Thomas Paine, Charles Darwin, Alan Turing, Stephen Hawking, and Richard Dawkins. You can take your pick of "prophets."

Smoke

Done here.
Good Lord, I forgot Russell.

Bertrandrussell.jpg

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
He was probably a Druid , but they only had an Oral tradition. They were wiped out on Anglesey by the Romans. When the last Druid was killed all their knowledge went with him.