• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why didn't they try Saddam for crimes against the Kurds before murdering him?

Booko

Deviled Hen
I wonder whether catching and trying Bin Laden wouldn't bring things to light that would prove embarrassing for some of our key allies in the Middle East, and even for certain wealthy Americans. It certainly seems like they could have made better progress in six years, doesn't it?

They've made wonderful progress, MB. They've lined up our military bases right alongside that oil pipeline in the NE of Afghanistan, though bin Laden and his bunch were operating in the SE.

A

angellous_evangellous

I thought that they killed Sadaam quickly for two reasons:

1) The Iraqi government that tried/executed Sadaam would likely lose power soon. As long as Sadaam is alive, he can be put back into power.

2) The US military involvement would only be as direct as it is as long as Bush is in power.

rocka21

Brother Rock
So you are behind President Bush 100% and think he did no wrong? I

where on earth did you get that from? sometimes i wonder about you.

I agree, Sadaam was a horrible man, but it's the point that Dubya lied to us. When we first went into Iraq it was under the pretext of looking for WMD.

correct. if we would have went into iraq under the pretext of saddams broken agreements , we would have had no problem. I still don't know why we used the WMD. OPPS

Can you really stand behind a president who lies?

nor do I.

Anyhow, I am Glad we GOT HIM!!!

Booko

Deviled Hen
Oh, I expect this had some part to play as well:

3) Many of the Iraqis who had been oppressed by Saddam were clamoring for his head.

There was considerable dancing in the streets there in some parts of Iraq when Saddam was hanged.

Booko

Deviled Hen
correct. if we would have went into iraq under the pretext of saddams broken agreements , we would have had no problem. I still don't know why we used the WMD. OPPS

Because WMD was the only thing that would swing public opinion in the direction of war.

Just broken agreements wouldn't have done it. We had him penned up and so there would be no claim of "imminent danger."

Pretty simple, really.

rocka21

Brother Rock
Because WMD was the only thing that would swing public opinion in the direction of war.

Just broken agreements wouldn't have done it. We had him penned up and so there would be no claim of "imminent danger."

Pretty simple, really.

Yes pretty simple,

we stop attacking you , if you agree to ( fill in blank ).

they agree

we stop attacking.

they break agreement.

we attack again..

So simple.

Booko

Deviled Hen
Yes pretty simple,

we stop attacking you , if you agree to ( fill in blank ).

they agree

we stop attacking.

they break agreement.

we attack again..

So simple.

Your grasp of realpolitik strikes me as a bit slim, if this post is any indication.

Napoleon

looks to me like the Iraqi government tried him.

The United States confiscated documents from the defense and pressured the Iraqis to convict him regardless of what evidence was or wasn't presented at the trial. The United States played the role of puppet master.

rocka21

Brother Rock
The United States confiscated documents from the defense and pressured the Iraqis to convict him regardless of what evidence was or wasn't presented at the trial. The United States played the role of puppet master.

really? what proof of documents?

the united states plays a role of puppet master in EVERY Country. ( as i rub hands together and smerk... mmmoooohhhhooohhhhahhhhhaaahhaa..:D)

bottom line, iraq convicted, iraq hung him.

who is the Next evil dictator you would like to stick up for?

greatcalgarian

really? what proof of documents?

the united states plays a role of puppet master in EVERY Country. ( as i rub hands together and smerk... mmmoooohhhhooohhhhahhhhhaaahhaa..:D)

bottom line, iraq convicted, iraq hung him.

who is the Next evil dictator you would like to stick up for?

Below the bottom line, is the world wide network of CIA and neo-con:D

greatcalgarian

I thought that they killed Sadaam quickly for two reasons:

1) The Iraqi government that tried/executed Sadaam would likely lose power soon. As long as Sadaam is alive, he can be put back into power.

2) The US military involvement would only be as direct as it is as long as Bush is in power.

Frubals to you on the important reason of point 1.

Point 2, nobody is sure what is going to happen, even if Bush is no longer in power.