• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do cars and city buses exist ?

Massimo2002

Everytime I go out in Edmonton I see these vehicles everywhere. I'm not a fan of them these machines are mean and unnatural and I'm tired of seeing them everytime I go outside in Edmonton.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Everytime I go out in Edmonton I see these vehicles everywhere. I'm not a fan of them these machines are mean and unnatural and I'm tired of seeing them everytime I go outside in Edmonton.

I live in a rural village over 20km from the nearest town (supermarket, doctors, hospital etc) with no bus or train service

Assume i am in pain and need to see a doctor, a bike or walking is out of the question.

I need to buy groceries for 5 people+or more if we have visitors). Do you expect me to walk carrying a week's supply of shopping for the family ?

There is a water leak in the main pipe serving the village, a repair crew from over 60 miles away brings their heavy equipment by push bike, I don't think so.

Who empties the bins and drives the rubbish to land fill, incinerator or recycle plant?

Cars, trucks etc are a necessity. Otherwise we roll back to the 17/18th centuries with most people dying in their 20s and 30s for lack of services

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Because someone invented the internal combustion engine and no one bothered to ask if it was actually a good idea to implement the technology on a broad scale. You know, basically what happens whenever humans develop new technologies. It gets used whether it makes sense to do so or not.

Kfox

Because someone invented the internal combustion engine and no one bothered to ask if it was actually a good idea to implement the technology on a broad scale.
Actually that question was asked; and the answer was a resounding YES!!!