• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do chinese people fight over food?

So my experience growing up was that we would go to a buffet usually a Chinese style every weekend during lunch hour and tell you to eat as much as you can because they wouldn't be feeding you dinner? Also taking actual suitcases and trying to steal as much food as possible for the next couple of days. Usually the buffets my parents took my sister and I to were $10-$12 per person so they reasoned that they were only spending $10-$12 on lunch AND dinner for both of us. Also they would lie about my and my sibling's age so it'll be cheaper. I was 11 for many years... my family would literally pig out at the buffet for like 3 hours when everyone left after 1. when I get hungry for dinner, I would be told to drink milk or eat snacks. We would be forced to go even if we were sick and would get screamed at if we didn't get our money's worth.