• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

why do girls typically prefer older guys?

MD

qualiaphile
Most women I know look for three things in a man

1) how much he makes
2) his muscular definition/tone
3) his size

Age is irrelevant. :p

(I'm only partially kidding btw).

Draka

Wonder Woman
Most women I know look for three things in a man 1) how much he makes 2) his muscular 3) his size

I've never cared about how much a guy makes, I can make money myself. As for caring about his body and looks...if I'm only out for a roll in the hay then sure I pay attention to those things, but all else being roughly equal, given the choice between a hot 20 year old and a hot 50 year old guy...just for sex mind you, age does matter. I'd go for the 50 year old.

MD

qualiaphile
I've never cared about how much a guy makes, I can make money myself. As for caring about his body and looks...if I'm only out for a roll in the hay then sure I pay attention to those things, but all else being roughly equal, given the choice between a hot 20 year old and a hot 50 year old guy...just for sex mind you, age does matter. I'd go for the 50 year old.

So would you pick a beer bellied 50 yr old over a rich hot young guy w/ a six pack? :eek:

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Honestly, I've always found men older than me to be more on the same wavelength as me on a maturity level. Especially when I was much younger. I've dated guys younger than me, around the same age as me, and around 10 years or so older than me. When I was younger, I'd say I probably hit if off the best with the guys several years older than me and had the least in common with those exactly my age and younger.
^This.

Draka

Wonder Woman
So would you pick a beer bellied 50 yr old over a rich hot young guy w/ a six pack? :eek:

For one, like I said, rich or poor has nothing to do with it. And a 50 year old can have a hot bod as well you know. Have you seen Dylan McDermott??? :drool: http://mynewplaidpants.blogspot.com/2011/10/happy-50-dylan-mcdermott.html
Heck, even Tom Cruise is still hot, guano crazy, but still doable as long as he doesn't talk I guess.

As for if a guy has a bit of a beer belly, if he's still good looking, and in all other ways I consider him hot, then I don't see why not. An older guy, to me, is more experienced and knows more about what a woman wants in bed and in life than some 20 year old, no matter how ripped or rich the 20 year old is. I'd still take the older guy.

Last edited:

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
For one, like I said, rich or poor has nothing to do with it. And a 50 year old can have a hot bod as well you know. Have you seen Dylan McDermott??? :drool: my new plaid pants: Happy 50, Dylan McDermott
Heck, even Tom Cruise is still hot, guano crazy, but still doable as long as he doesn't talk I guess.

As for if a guy has a bit of a beer belly, if he's still good looking, and in all other ways I consider him hot, then I don't see why not. An older guy, to me, is more experienced and knows more about what a woman wants in bed and in life than some 20 year old, no matter how ripped or rich the 20 year old is. I'd still take the older guy.

These are much like the same reasons younger men will be interested in "Cougars".

Apparently I qualify now. Recently I was called a Cougar when i was out with some friends. It was odd, seeing these young men hitting on us, when we had children who were their age or only a couple years older.

But one in particular was trying REALLY hard to convince me why I should consider going home with him, and his reasoning for his interest was very similar to what you said here about older men, D.

It's one of the reasons why I always maintain confidence is sexier than looks, any day of the week. :yes:

Draka

Wonder Woman
These are much like the same reasons younger men will be interested in "Cougars".

Apparently I qualify now. Recently I was called a Cougar when i was out with some friends. It was odd, seeing these young men hitting on us, when we had children who were their age or only a couple years older.

But one in particular was trying REALLY hard to convince me why I should consider going home with him, and his reasoning for his interest was very similar to what you said here about older men, D.

It's one of the reasons why I always maintain confidence is sexier than looks, any day of the week. :yes:

True, true. Like when I said "in all other ways I consider him hot", that includes things like how he carries himself, his confidence (but not arrogance - hate arrogance), his manners, his voice, the way he talks, the ways he moves, his smile, his eyes. Things like that. If he draws me in. I can look past not being in great shape. I've been with guys that were in phenomenal shape that were crappy in bed and guys that were just regular joes that were fantastic. Granted, I do appreciate a hot body, it's nice, but all in all, "hot" is more than just a great bod.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
As far as choosing between a 20 yr old and a 50 yr old, I'd absolutely prefer the 20 yr old based on the fact that I'm much closer to 20 than I am to 50.

If I were 40, I might prefer the 50 yr old, assuming that by that time I'd see 20 yr olds from a more maternal perspective.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Most women I know look for three things in a man

1) how much he makes
2) his muscular definition/tone
3) his size

I personally liked guys who make me laugh, who were deep, and was compatible. Now that I am married, I have to make do with what I got. :)

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I think it's because older guys have the beer and know the best fart jokes. Ooops! I forgot this thread was about why women prefer older guys, and I was thinking for a moment that it was about why older guys prefer the company of each other.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Girls going for older guys as a social trend does sound very traditional. Looking at my friends (both male and female) the vast majority of them are married to people of the same age range.
For the most part I dated or been in a relationship with women who were/are 3-7 years older than I am. I think I like my women to be women, and less girl-like.
If you'd let me choose between a 20 year old girl and a 40 year old woman, as a man in his early 30's I would relate much more to a 40 year old woman on the sexual, emotional and intellectual level.

Wherenextcolumbus

Girls going for older guys as a social trend does sound very traditional. Looking at my friends (both male and female) the vast majority of them are married to people of the same age range.
For the most part I dated or been in a relationship with women who were/are 3-7 years older than I am. I think I like my women to be women, and less girl-like.
If you'd let me choose between a 20 year old girl and a 40 year old woman, as a man in his early 30's I would relate much more to a 40 year old woman on the sexual, emotional and intellectual level.

I respect you for this

Draka

Wonder Woman
As far as choosing between a 20 yr old and a 50 yr old, I'd absolutely prefer the 20 yr old based on the fact that I'm much closer to 20 than I am to 50.

If I were 40, I might prefer the 50 yr old, assuming that by that time I'd see 20 yr olds from a more maternal perspective.

Well, I'm speaking from the perspective of a woman in her mid-30's. ;) I just picked two relatively equal age distances away from me in either direction. I'd just rather go up than down. Actually, in considering a relationship or just a romp. I just don't see how a 20y/o would have anything to offer me at this point in my life, how we would have much anything in common really.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, I'm speaking from the perspective of a woman in her mid-30's. ;) I just picked two relatively equal age distances away from me in either direction. I'd just rather go up than down. Actually, in considering a relationship or just a romp. I just don't see how a 20y/o would have anything to offer me at this point in my life, how we would have much anything in common really.

That's an excellent point. I'd probably be like you too.
I choose the 20 yr old as I'm 25 this yr
I'm not sure I'd have much in common with the 50 yr old. It would actually feel weird being with someone my parents' age :cover:

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't think I could partner up with a much older person, although I can certainly find them attractive.

Every person I have partnered with has been approximately my age and slightly older. I do find it difficult to relate with people around my own age range, but fortunately there are some people that I've had a good match with.